Vag-com help - Cardiff please

tattybits

Nov 24, 2009
Hello again. Problems !!!!! Last week paid £25 for an Engine Diagnostic check & the guy said the Coils and plugs needed changing. Did that today - cost me £140 from TPS in Cardiff. The guy who did the diagnostic was in a hurry so didn't have time to give me the codes so I could check them myself, but car does seem to be running better. However, there was some oil on the plugs when I took them out - all of them - and I'm really worried that something is seriously wrong with it, but surely he would have said if the codes came up showing piston or valve problems ? Also, I topped up the oil at the same time and there was some white smoke from the exhaust when I first started the car. Now - about 3 hours later- this smoke seems to have almost gone. Could that be residue left in the Cat from badly working Plugs/Coils? Anyone in the area able to help me with a real VAG-COM diagnosis - I am currently out of work until end of April and all my money is going on the car !!!!! Advise needed please from one of you clever people out there - far more trustworthy than a garage !!

tattybits

Nov 24, 2009
Hi Mark. Just had a phone call from my son - he's just taken car for a run to Cardiff to try it out & it's sounding rough as hell even over the phone but no smoke coming out of the exhaust. He's in his girlfriend's at the moment but I think they are going somewhere. We're Owain & Gill Davies and we live just outside Bridgend. SOOOOOOOOOO glad to hear from you !!!!

tattybits

Nov 24, 2009
engine problems

Anybody know of a mobile Vag-com diagnostician in Bridgend/Cardiff, Swansea area please?

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Anybody know of a mobile Vag-com diagnostician in Bridgend/Cardiff, Swansea area please?

Don't know about mobile mate but if you can get the car there take it to Gareth at Euro Performance in Pontyclun. Top bloke who really really knows his stuff.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise