VAG Teesside

hughie

Anyone with a VAG unit in the Teesside area who could check a fault for me..?

Thanks

Hughie

Kevgrady

May 4, 2006
North East
I'm in skelton awaiting delivery of vcds tomorrow, if you have your engine management light on I have a snap-on code/data reader that will do the job too.

hughie

Hya my mate problem I have is a car that once hot cuts out...through this site ive been told it could be the engine speed sensor..but I don't know much about seat cars....its been on a snap on box but that said the cam sensor was intermittent...it hasn't got a cam sensor !!!
So ime looking for someone who can do me a scan and tell me whats going on...

cheers..

oh car is a MK1 2,0 ltr 8 valve.

hughie

To be honest Kev I haven't a clue..are you a garage.....??

can anyone use the discs..can anyone get the discs etc etc......

Ime over in Grangetown but at work during the day until about 3:30 ish.

cheers

Kevgrady

May 4, 2006
North East
Yes and no. I work in the trade. Anybody can buy vcds, there is a free version that only works on early models you download that from Ross-tech and just buy the lead. I've ordered the full version that works on all models or most of them from 1995/present. With the paid version you got activate features, run logs and read fault codes where as the free version I believe you can only read fault codes.

hughie

Thanks Kev....noticed on ebay there are also some hand held units to give you fault codes..would these be any good ? do they work or is it better to get the dicks and leads...?

Kevgrady

May 4, 2006
North East
It's entirely up to you, could you justify paying £260 for the full version? Does your engine management light come on?

hughie

No i couldnt justify that money Kev...what happened is car was going ok then just died...now when i put key in ignition and click once the oil and tep light flash....start car and they go off...but once car gets hot it cuts out..leave for 25 mins and it starts again..so its obviously something getting hot and breaking down...engine speed sensor has been mentioned.......cam sensor was mentioned after being on a snap on box..but it hasnt got a cam sensor !!!

As I said previous car is a W plate Toldeo with 2.0 ltr 8 valve engine...it needs the 2 plugs to plug it in.

If it worth buying the hand held unit off ebay then i will do that, its gonna come in handy i suppose.

hughie

Works with all 1996 and newer cars & trucks that are OBD II compliant including CAN protocol

would this do the job.....ie OBD II compliant including CAN protocol

Ebay item number 221039216694