Vagcom - near Harlow, Essex

Mark Thorpe

What exactly is this, and where can i obtain it? from reading around i can tell its a diagnostics tool, but where would i get it, or where would i find a garage in essex (preferably near harlow) who have this so i can run a test on my car.

cheers
Mark.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
You need a laptop, a suitable cable (from either ross tech or ebay) and the software which can be downloaded free of charge from the ross tech website. This is a shareware license so some of the functionality is disabled and the £50 it costs for the full license is well worth it.

There is a vag com section on the forum, have a look in there and use the search functionality for more info. :)

Mark Thorpe

Anyone around Essex want to earn themselves a couple of beers?

darylb

Anyone around Essex want to earn themselves a couple of beers?

Mark I have the program on my laptop running vista but when i tryed to run the program with my mates cable (who uses xp) I had a problem with drivers etc.

I have rough idea on how to use vagcom but gave up trying and used my mates laptop to check everything was ok.

Was tempted to buy a cheap cable from ebay but didn't know if it would just cause problems and be a waste of time. I dont want to spend lots of $ so I'd be interested if you get it all working ok on the cheap so to speak.

Best of luck trying to sort it and if you do i would be mucho interested ;)

Regards Daryl

Mark Thorpe

very skint at the moment, so ill probably be looking at it next month at the earliest, but i will PM you if i can get one.. where abouts in Harlow are you? near bush fair myself..

darylb

I'm over near sumners farm near fairways etc. dunno if your intersted but i'm running a rolling road day in hoddesdon on the 18th of may if you want to know what she's putting out.

Its £35 and i'll try and get one of the boys to bring the vagcom with em for you aswell.

Mark Thorpe

I'm over near sumners farm near fairways etc. dunno if your intersted but i'm running a rolling road day in hoddesdon on the 18th of may if you want to know what she's putting out.

Its £35 and i'll try and get one of the boys to bring the vagcom with em for you aswell.

its only a TDi 110, lol, might be interested in that though, where would you be meeting up?

btw.. were you down near the stow at about lunch time today? saw a black LCR down there.. must say they are stunning cars!

im up and down the M11 most nights in my truck mate what did you need doing?

just want to check it out really, had an engine mount collapse and its been repaired, want to make sure there are no faults with it really, doesnt seem to be down on power too much, but just want a check.. ive got a laptop with USB ports, but it is vista.. so not sure if it would work

cheers :)

darylb

its only a TDi 110, lol, might be interested in that though, where would you be meeting up?

btw.. were you down near the stow at about lunch time today? saw a black LCR down there.. must say they are stunning cars!

just want to check it out really, had an engine mount collapse and its been repaired, want to make sure there are no faults with it really, doesnt seem to be down on power too much, but just want a check.. ive got a laptop with USB ports, but it is vista.. so not sure if it would work

cheers :)
Not sure where we are meeting but its litteraly 5 mins down the road anyway . U might not have massive bhp but i'm sure u will be up in the torqe stakes and there are a few leon dervs running. It wasnt me u saw but it might have been the mrs.

Mark Thorpe

yeah, hoddesdon isnt very far at all, might have been your mrs, didnt see the driver, just thought that it was a very nice car! lol, might be worth doing, see how far open the gates are, and how many horses have run out.. only got it on 96,000 miles, so dont know how it has been treated..

darylb

yeah, hoddesdon isnt very far at all, might have been your mrs, didnt see the driver, just thought that it was a very nice car! lol, might be worth doing, see how far open the gates are, and how many horses have run out.. only got it on 96,000 miles, so dont know how it has been treated..
Yeah mate u should defo come along and meet a few of the boys . Like i say i'll get 1 of them to bring vagcom with em so u can kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak. Bring ur mates along aswell mate should have plenty of places left.

darylb

Yeah mate u should defo come along and meet a few of the boys . Like i say i'll get 1 of them to bring vagcom with em so u can kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak. Bring ur mates along aswell mate should have plenty of places left.

Mark Thorpe

is it only for VAG cars? one of my mates has a polo, but dont know anyone else with a leon, i know my car isnt going to be anything near special, lol, but might be worth a laugh to see my readouts...

darylb

No mate we have got alsorts from sport ka'a to audi rs4's . think we may even have a polo running already. If your from around the area mate then ur more than welcome even if your pals just want to come for a nose about but the more that run the better.

Just out of interest what colour is your motor ?

Mark Thorpe

my motor is metallic green, havnt got any pics of it, cleaned it the other day, shoulda taken one then, lol..

might have a word with a couple of people, see if they fancy it..

darylb

I think i saw you in your car filling up with derv. think it was at the shell station maybe saturday ?

yeah mate get as many of your pals as you can.

you have pm with my mobile number pal.

Mark Thorpe

PM'd back with my mobile, yeah that probably was me, filled up on saturday

ill ask a couple of people, see if they are interested :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.