Valencia

Aug 30, 2004
Stockport
Dreadful weekend for Seat at Valencia only Muller scored points out of 2 races a lot of damage to our manufactures championship bid. :(

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Indeed, didn't Terting finish in the points in race 1 though?

Unless BMW have an equally dire weekend in November, this weekend essentially saw the end of SEATs hopes of the 2006 manufacturers title

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Pretty poor weekend for the factory team, quite a few incidents of knocking doors with one another too, not that clever when they are in a title hunt.

But good news that Tom Coronel has already sewn up the 2006 independants crown for SEAT in his Leon.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Indeed, didn't Terting finish in the points in race 1 though?

Unless BMW have an equally dire weekend in November, this weekend essentially saw the end of SEATs hopes of the 2006 manufacturers title

The way the points work in the WTCC, it isn't over yet, because BMW had as bad a weekend earlier in the season, its going to go down to the wire at Macau, decided in race 2 most likely, but they really must improve their game in Macau if they want to win this championship.

One to stay up for, or wake up early for, 3 or 4am race live on Eurosport. :)

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
I don't have Eurosport or anything else the WTCC is screened on, I only hear about the race. But I just think the part about Tom Coronel is very important. OK, the Manufacturers Title is bigger than the Yokohama Independents title but hey, look at the bigger picture.

How many titles has SEATSport won overall over both the WTCC and BTCC?

In a season where few predicted more than just the BTCC Manufacturers title how good will it be if to add to the possibility of Jase getting the Drivers title and SEAT the Teams title, an Independent Champion in the WTCC?

OK in a factory team of six, most of whom who have won the BTCC Drivers Championship, they ought to do well fairly consistently and it was dissapointing to hear the team do badly. But I don't think the lack of success of the factory team should overshadow the achievement of Tom Coronel.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.