Various bits of advice appreciated

big-bill3

Hi Guys,
Just bought an 53 plate LC Tdi. I will consider remaps and the like once the warranty is finished next year but until them some advice please
I've sussed the reason for the fabia rear wiper and the bonnet seal, but as a new boy on the block there are a few things I would like to consider:-
1) does anyone offer steering column controls for the radio/CD?
2) is it possible to retro fit leather upholstery and is the wiring there for the electrics?
3) Also is is possible to retro fit folding/dipping mirrors and is the wiring there for the electrics?
(yes I know I should have waited for a car with them, I did but the car I found with them had seen too much action)
4) Any advice on fitting rear parking sensors?
5) The standard brake calipers don't look very good once they've tarnished. Until I fit Brembos is there a suitable paint?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
for common mods (and some uncommon ones) check out my website:

www.leoncupra.co.uk.

In there u will find a guides section, detailing various mods as bonnet seals, brake caliper paint (misc mods) fabia wiper etc etc....

big-bill3

Thanks, it's an excellent site - you refer to a red paint kit. Would you let me know what this consists of and where to get it please

John

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
you can use pretty much any high temp paint for the calipers - halfauds do overpriced paint kits - alternatively many people use some Hammerite - much cheaper and just as good.

You just have to be careful when u do it - dont paint the brakes as well - just the calipers!
And don't drive your car for 24-48hrs afterwards otherwise you will have paint sprayed all across the bodywork!

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
Pabs, you should have the "Leon pen" mod too... get an official Seat Leon pen and put it in the clips in the glove box..... you can't have perfection without one!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
As for painting the Callipers just use good old hammerite. Here are my ones painted silver and anti rattle clips sprayed with aluminum spray paint for an "As new look"

Calliper.jpg

Comes in a whole host of colours including red and used it on several cars over the years without it damaging or coming off of the callipers. Dry's in about 30 mins. Halfords stock it!

Last edited: