Vauxhall draft in Menu while SEAT bring out Coronel for Thruxton

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
As I said on another messageboard not the top name fans have wanted to see but I think he will deliver the goods.

He obviously hasn't been drafted in to fight for the title. I think I would like to see Tom be instructed to get in the way a bit and make it hard for Fabrizio to take points of Jase' and perhaps make it hard for Alain to make it hard for Jase' which I am predicting Alain has been asked to do.

If you want my honest personal opinion I realise your article at the bottom speaks plainly of what is required for Jase' ZBOYD. But the only way that Jase can win the title is not to try and go for whatever points paying scenario would be best but to race and race as hard as he can from the start of race 1 to the end of race 3.

And whilst Jase' is doing that I think Tom has is in him to do great defensively.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
It was a surprise that they opted for Tom. I just conveyed that surprise to Scott. But i think he'll do a good job. Tom comes across as the kind of racer thats up for anything and good in a fight. :)

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
And I am sure he is. He has fought well against Menu recently in the WTCC.

But all the same let us all cross our fingers come raceday that Tom will prove his worth.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
If you think about it, Tom has no other vested interests than to do a good job for SEAT and gain some experience in the BTCC.

Yvan & Gabriele may not want to help out Jason (can't see that tbh) but if they had any doubts you go with someone who is a clean slate.

And ultimately and probably the strongest reasons are he probably fits the budget, and his regular team ie GR Asia are going to be there too, so transport logistics all look better too.