Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store. We've also updated our terms and conditions so check them out too.

VCDS - Low Beam Reflector Motor

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2' started by NJG, Apr 10, 2018.

1. NJG

NJG Black Magic

Hi All

My trusty FR is now coming up to 230,000mls, and still going strong!

Just recently plugged in my VCDS, as I have a bulb warning light showing on the dash, (after 230k, I can put up with just that!) and it relates to the following error....

02498 - Left Low Beam Reflector Motor (V294)
    012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01111100

In fact, If I park up close to a facing wall and put the high beam on, the high beam lights up and then a few seconds later the left beam seems to drop. This makes sense of the fault warning, but not sure if this is a faulty component within the headlamp itself, or outside the headlamp?

This is only a temporary fault too.
    Could be electrical I guess, but not sure whether I need to take the headlamp unit out or not, to start investigating.

I've noticed too that the AFS hasn't been working for a long while either (previous to the reflector fault). However, the "dancing" headlight check when starting up always happens.
    And yes, I have checked if the AFS is actually working, as it was quite easy to get them to work when driving hard around a bend, and especially with a little night fog, but they sure don't now.

Anybody had similar fault with this?