VCDS ROSS-TEC CODES MIRROR LOWERING etc

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
I made a few adaptions with VCDS cable on my Leon and would like to do the same on the Ateca 2018. Is this possible using the Leon codes. Like mirror Lowering, chirp, and mirror folding with one press of the button. Any help would be appreciated.

Tell

Staff member
I would say yes with exceptions. On the Obdeleven thread they are the ones I've done not using the micro payment, never used those. All mine are coded not done on a lazy method. Mines a 2016 build.

Mirror down is a standard VAG one so that should be fine although I did read it was being implemented routine ?. If you got heated seats it effects one digit of the mirror down code perhaps surprisingly. Mention that code in the thread. That's standard. Love that one.

Haven't done a chirp, but I do one touch lock so when you see the mirrors spin in and see them move, its locking. Time saver than titting around holding your hand on the Kessy or holding the remote button long press. I seem to recall I've seen the horn one mentioned on European boards. Obviously some Ateca stuff is unique to the car.

The German and Spanish Ateca board covers some VCDS. The Spanish mods contain "lad" ones like putting on the emergency lights automatically when the car does an emergency stop... the German ones are strictly Germanically legal so stop short of saying 12 volt method on stop / start. It's a 12 volts lower limit to stop, stop / start from kicking in. Love that one.

The locking stuff I took from the Spanish board. Panoramic roof was done by a fellow Dutch or Belgium Ateca owner who also provided the mute code to the lowering of the tailgate... I keep the sound on myself.

At the minute I'm still twigging and exploring the Infotainment navigation system :).

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Many thanks tell for your informative post. I was already to crack on after i had done the autoscan and saved it in case anything goes belly up. I got into 09 with pass number 31347 but when I clicked on 16 adaptions to set the mirror Lowering it asked me for a further pass number which I haven't got so I was unable to proceed until I find the right number. What It did tell me was that my ross-tech cable needed to be updated. So things are on hold until I get the right code number and or a new cable.

Tell

Staff member
Looks like some progress then. I look at the published Ross Tech ones then look to see how to do it in Obdeleven. But I'm no expert in Ross Tech :).

The light showing the fan speed I also find useful although physiological, well you get the idea that it's working hard and making a difference.

Last edited:

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
I have tried to activate mirror Lowering in reverse with my VCDS cable using the codes I used for my leon although it shows up in settings the left-hand mirror will not dip. Has anyone managed to activate the mirror Lowering in reverse and if so how did you programme the VCDS ? I was successful in getting the mirrors to fold with one click with the VCDS. Any help would be appreciated

Tell

Staff member
I did it with Obdeleven as per that thread on here.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=438134

Post 4.

That was my training one before I moved on to stop / start.

What they publish on boards as far as the Obdeleven is concerned for other VAG cars are like a programming language. You try to re-code that. It was the Golf7 I followed

Passenger mirror dip…mirror switch has to be on the passenger setting for it to work.
52 Passenger door
07 coding
Byte 4
Enable bit 2 and 3.
DO NOT enable bit 1 unless you have Memory Seats. Enabling this will cause the mod not to work if you do not have Memory Seat or a Memory module.
No need to enable bit 7.
THEN
09 Central Electronics
Adaptations
17-Access control 2 Spiegelabsenkung bei Rueckwaertsfahrt (change to “active”)
THEN
(22) Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung (change to “active”) this puts
the option in the menu screen.

So those you turn into VCDS. I turned those into Obdeleven looking to find the bits to toggle and wiggle in the interface. You do get stuck at times with Obdeleven where the screens for the parameters are in German but you get this with either approach.

I think VCDS is like Obdeleven in that you get macros to program specific things or you can code. I've never use the micro payment apps in Obdeleven, I just do the coding. Some of the apps don't work. I reckon VCDS has these apps in the form of macros but are free. I guess perhaps the VCDS macros for one car don't work for another VAG car whilst coding does... could be talking out me what's it now. But that feels about right.

It's those coding expressions in the quotes above I searched for other cars then set about converting them. The VCDS macros ones I've seen are no use to me except when they start talking about bit and bytes in the long string that I know how to change in Obdeleven.

Maybe you did it with VCDS macros before ?. People have done the Ateca with VCDS (the non technical grumpy board not of this parish but you wont find much there) so I guess that won't be via the macros if they aren't provided yet. I know I saw on the German Ateca board the macro for enabling closure of the panoramic roof with mirrors (the dangerous one disabled), so knew that was possible but a Dutch guy who spoke German found the way of doing it in Obdeleven. Basically screens are written around the toggles or you long code. What I do now with the Obdeleven faced with screens of German in places, do a screen shot on the device, Google image translate app reading the image, bobs your uncle...

It should be fairly easy, those two modules but observe whether you have memory seats or not which changes a bit. Then on the cars menu you have to turn it on as per the Obdeleven thread.

Also have a look at this Ateca German board opening in Chrome with auto translate. That's a long thread. Our L and R position you reverse for right hand drive. Whilst I've enabled it, I don't use it since I got top view. Interesting seem to be some selectable images I've missed. There is talk of it being omitted from 2018 Ateca's but don't know whether that is the case or not. Towards the end of that thread but was never confirmed. Post 114. Hearsay evidence. I suppose they could stop fitting the motor that dips, although I think you can dip that by hand on the control or take away the front screen that enables it. Personally I cant see why the VAG group would go out of the way to stop people from re-enabling something that that they disabled because of the known imperfections of how it works... although it fills board space :).

https://www.ateca-forum.de/index.php/Thread/1397-Außenspiegel-mit-Absenkung/

Last edited:

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Hi,Tell, Thanks again for the comprehensive instructions. Using your coding with regards to lowering the mirrors in reverse gear I managed to get the left-hand mirror to lower but it would only return to it's original position when I turned the ignition off or used the switch in the door. The lowering in reverse sign has appeared on the screen and i ticked the box. I had more success with needle sweep and and folding the mirrors with one touch the door handle.

Tell

Staff member
I reckon it swings back up once the central locking goes on and your off. I'll have a go tomorrow. It might be electronic parking brake off. I know I had it going up and down. DSG it might be into drive. I was flicking between reverse and out. You keep the switch set to L for automatic. Will check the process tomorrow....

Tell

Staff member
Yes it resets once you pull away if left in L for right hand drive. About the same time as central locking kicks in. Tried it. Had been a time.

A YouTube video says you position down in reverse to get it the way you like it, turn it off, re position for normal, then back to the auto position. I know somebody in the past had me spinning it 15 times to test whether it always returned. It does drift out over time but for those that need it useful, better than nothing.

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Thanks for that tell I am getting a bit further the mirror goes down but will not return to it's original position when the doors lock at 10 MPH. Still I will keep trying. I have had some success with needle sweep, door locking with one click and increasing the indicator repeat from 3 to 5 . The only tweaks I need now are the door locking chirps and as stated the mirror Lowering in reverse. I might have found the solution to the chirps instead of changing the code to normal I am told it should be Kurze?

Tell

Staff member
Perhaps the returning back up once you were going is the bit taken out. Mine does. You could try training it which was on a US Obdeleven dealer site.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OeGbxamn-98

But then perhaps that wont help. You go reverse, position. Backout of L to zero.... then position again. There are two parts to the mod as per the thread on here.

Post 89... suggestion leave 5 seconds ?.... I might have left it 5 seconds when I set it up originally ?

https://www.clubseatateca.com/threads/codificando-con-obdeleven-comentarios.2611/page-5

I haven't tried to get a chirp, I'm happy with the sound of the mirrors coming in to mean locked (living in a residential area it would annoy the good people, when I move to the "Archers set" soon it will annoy the farming fraternity... not sure how they will accept the tailgate dropping beep, beep sound... got a Sainsbury delivery guy the thumbs up the other day :)).

The Clubseat site I reckon has that on. That thread above... somewhere on there... it's a long one.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
This one I was looking for which brings together the Spanish mods

www.clubseatateca.com/threads/codificando-con-obdeleven-procesos-ve

Kurz is short beep, translated link:

SONAR CLAXON WHEN OPENING AND / OR CLOSING THE CAR

This mod is for when you do not have a SEAT alarm, and makes the horn sound as if it were the activated alarm beep. You can configure it to sound only when opening, only when closing, both and also activate / deactivate sound through the infotaiment menu option.

Go to Module 09 - Electronic control unit
Enter Signals of response
in Akustische rueckmeldung global, switch to "Activated"
In Akustische Rueckmeldung Signalhorn, switch to "Activated"
in Akustische rueckmeldung entriegeln, change to "Activated", this sounds the horn (twice) when opening.
in Akustische rueckmeldung verriegeln, change to "Activated", this sounds the horn (once) when closing.
in Dauer der Akustischen Rueckmeldung vom Einfachhorn, leave "normal" for normal beep, put "kurz" for short beep.
in Menuesteuerung akustische rueckmeldung, change value to "On", this will allow us to activate or deactivate the horn by menu, menu option in Infotainment / Settings / Doors
Confirm, code 31347

Last edited:

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Thanks tell for your help I have managed to get the chirps, needle sweep, indicators and one click folding mirrors but lowering mirrors in reverse is still causing me a problem. It only lowers a couple of centimetres ( not lower enough to see the kerb) and goes back to it's original position when I drive off. I have tried all your permutations but no joy. I am due at the dealership to have a new fuel injector fitted so I will try and pick there brains.

Tell

Staff member
Angie

If it's dropping and going back then that is about the level of movement you get. The German Ateca board, one guy said if you twisted your head it was fine... it may be the shape of the mirror which may limit it's usefulness. I never had it in a car before, well I think the Altea did but I never used it. It wasn't automated.

So I think you have it working. Just a question of getting it to drop as far as possible although the German thread did suggest for optimum return, use somewhere in between.

Good you have the rest working. You can try the infotainment unit if you have sat nav standard unit to turn on the wifi. It's suggested that its on all units but not turned on. I put my plus unit into client mode which had been left off. I'm going to try for the 5Ghz band next, not sure whether it toggles between the two or does both, I've seen it on the Obdeleven menu and also satelitte group. I'm sure there is a browser on it as well.....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members