vehicle speed sensor fault

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
So it's possible its still a broken signal wire in the instrument cluster?

The broken solder joints are a complete pig to see at times, if it's not clear in your view you might not be able to see it at all.

When I re-soldered my instrument cluster I had to get the thing just at the right angle and get the light on it to be able to identify the broken solder joint.

I agree completely, so maybe the OP needs to get his instrument cluster tested, unless he can give it a very good examination and try to reflow any suspect connections.

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
I agree completely, so maybe the OP needs to get his instrument cluster tested, unless he can give it a very good examination and try to reflow any suspect connections.
+1 take nothing for granted my fuel guage plays up regularly but the miles left indicator is always close(tho' it is an approximation based on how it's been driven) recon it's the clock motor p.s. how come a new motor from the fatherland is approx £28 and yet a motor for a Chevy is thirty bob all the way from singapore:confused:

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
I think you will find the unit on top of the gearbox it may be under a heat shield there should be 3 wires which are 12 v earth and signal at least you can check two of them let us know what happens

Mar 1, 2019
Hi I noticed your problem from 2015.Did you solve your speed sensor problem.If so Can you tell me as I have a similar one but also an ABS fault and I cant sind the speedo sensor.many thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.