Vented or grooved brakes brembos?

6ltdisport

Jan 25, 2015
I've got myself a mk4 ibiza tdi 130bhp which im getting maped very soon. I use it for spirited driving rather than racing so im just just wondering which would suit my car better?

6ltdisport

Jan 25, 2015
Fair enough how much difference does performance pads alone make compared to the ones on my tdi sport?

Fishy

May 16, 2005
It's your money and choice, but I'd just go grooved only.

Fish

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
If you can I'd go bigger diameter and keep them plain. I've had grooved and they send a lot of vibration/judder, it's a hard feeling to describe, back through the brake pedal. The cross drilled aren't so bad for the vibration but as mentioned are prone to cracking. My cross drilled allowed for rust scale/metal flaking at the back of the disc around one of the holes and caused a slight rippling on the disc surface which can be felt through the pedal under heavy braking. It'll need changed shortly.

woodives11

Jun 1, 2015
I've just done a 312mm conversion on my fr and it makes the world of difference..... Cost me £82 for the audi tt calipers and carriers and £80 for drilled and grooved disks and pads best mod yet by far awesome stopping power even just on basic pads

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Dizzy_PD

Jul 11, 2015
Drilled and/or grooved really isn't needed unless you're tracking it.
Apparently drilled can crack the disc and grooved just accelerates pad wear.

If I was you, I'd find a nice upgrade in size for the fronts and then put in good quality performance brake pads and brake fluid. Pad-wise stick to something street/fast street (is it red stuff or yellow stuff I think) if you go for track pads, they'll probably squeal and may require warm up to function properly.