Very stiff drivers door

FR Ste

Jun 11, 2018
Hi everyone.

The drivers door on my car is extremely stiff to open and close.

Is there anything I can do to the knuckle thing to make it easier to open and close? Or can something be replaced to totally fix it?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It is faulty or does the hinge just need cleaning and a splatter / spray of lithium grease?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Also to add to this, have you tried slightly lifting the door as you open it (just using the handle) is it easier then? My brother had an issue with this and it seemed like the door was slightly off somehow... He was tight with money so never got it fixed but lifting the door slightly worked for him lol

Orangieboom

Dec 4, 2018
Loads of WD 40 and keep moving door for ages just to eliminate the hinge pin being ceased.

jammygit

Sep 23, 2019
Hi guys, did a search and found this. My passenger door basically shuts itself one you put it past the first wheel, but if you gently try and shut the drivers door, there's a lot more resistance and the door pushes itself back open slightly if it doesn't catch on the lock. The door hasn't dropped and have applied the WD-40 lithium grease.

I do have some proper non-stick ceramic grease which i could try. It's meant for brakes but I imagine you can use it on anything.
JTaKxhB.jpg

jammygit

Sep 23, 2019
I used half a can of normal WD-40 blasting away rust / brown crap and then reapplied the lithium grease very thickly and down every joint,

After what is now a few days later, strangely, the door suddenly started working perfectly!! I was convinced that the hinge was worn or something. The lithium grease must take a while to get right down into the crevices.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.