Vf34 to td05

LUPO GTI 20VT

Hi I'm after some advice I'm currently runnin a vf34 but I'm worried about it's reliability so been looking to change to the td05 18g as anybody done this personally an how does it compare response and power

caney

Apr 24, 2005
Its a better turbo and you'll see no more than 360bhp with that spec with similar spool. Go for the td05/20g which will get you 375bhp but make sure you get a 3" outlet on the compessor side or it will surge! Blouch turbo in the states are good to deal with just factor in import charges if you buy from them.

LUPO GTI 20VT

Thanks for replying caney I've been lookin at the 1s from Andy Forrest I have a 3" inlet and down pipe on my car now standalone managment 440 injectors conrods changed Bosch 044 fuel pump large cooler with 3" inlet an outlet my problem is I'm usin a jabba manifold an didn't wanna change that and I don't think the 20g wil fit? Wil I need bigger injectors? Did you have a td05 what mani

caney

Apr 24, 2005
I had a td05/20g fitted to a jabba mani on my 4wd tt,clearance was tight due to transfer box but should be ok on yours. Its 3" on the compressor cover outlet you need which the inlet hose attaches to:)

LUPO GTI 20VT

That's good to know was under the impression they didn't fit did u eva have an 18g or just the 20g was wondering how much more lag on the 20 to 18 as the engine is still only 1.8 I am prob gonna av the block bored at the end of the year to 1.9 what size injectors did you have at the time and what max boost did you run sorrybout al the questions just tryin to gather as much info as I can

caney

Apr 24, 2005
550 injectors,running 1.9 bar peak iirc on the 20g and it made 375bhp on a 7cm housing and 400bhp on a 8cm housing.18g will get you 365bhp max!spool is actually good on a 1.8,full boost by mid 4's. Speak to owen developments also as they sell alot of the tdo range:)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members