Vibration from passenger footwell - possible DMF failure?

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
Hi,

I have a 2001 Toledo 1.9 tdi ASV 110bhp. Between 1500 and 2000 rpm when accelerating a vibration occurs from the dash on the passenger side footwell. The vibration only occurs when moving and is slightly louder when accelerating hard. When revving the car in neutral there is no vibration. Also, when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd there is a knock when depressing the clutch, it doesn't happen between any other gears. Does this sound like the DMF is on the way out? I wouldn't have thought it was the DMF since the vibration doesn't increase or decrease with engine speed and it's just a dead vibration but I can't think of anything else it could be. I've had a look under the car and nothing appears to be loose. Gearbox mount was changed today and the vibration is still there. Could a worn engine mount be to blame? Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,
Danny.

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
Hi danny, possibly a worn inner cv joint?

Thanks for your reply. I've now noticed that there's a slight rattle on idle and when shutting off the car there is also a noticeable rattle, could a worn inner CV cause that? I've two driveshafts here from a Leon I dismantled so it'd be no harm trying them. Just want to rule everything out before I condemn the flywheel and go buy a new one.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise