Vinyl Mods

JamMonkey

Mar 9, 2008
Cheshire
Anyone Vinyl'ed anything yet. Any Pictures.

I had my Mirror Caps sprayed gloss black and the cupra grill fitted on my current FR, i did consider a black gloss roof and getting the rear plastic section covered as well but never got around to it.
I've been looking at clear plastic coats on the front and rear sections for protection, and having the mirrors black gloss again.

Anyone have any experience of Clear Coats...

Cheers
Matt

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Hey Matt,

I've never done any vinyl modding before but interested in doing a few things to my car. How ever, I'd probably rather pay someone that attempt this as my DIY skills are non existent!

As it's red, I'm looking to do the wing mirrors black and around the front grill and head lights black if that makes sense?

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
Done both the Leon and the Ibiza:

Just the lower centre on the leon, but the lower and upper on the Ibiza. Also bought some Plasti-dip in mat grey, was thinking of trying the wing mirror caps at some point

Last edited:

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
It's difficult to tell on a black car.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
I used £2 worth of vinyl to make my bumper look more cupra-esque:

Before:

su9a7eta.jpg

During:

eja4a4yd.jpg

After:

eja8etas.jpg

JamMonkey

Mar 9, 2008
Cheshire
I like that.

Thou i choose Apollo Blue in the end so not sure that will make a difference.
But we are keeping my old FR as well now and the girlfriend is getting rid of her Clio 1.2 :) so i can practice on the Mark 2.

I have wrapped a desk and some shelves recently so might be able to sort this out now.

Really hate the rear plastic section i want that gloss black.

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Done both the Leon and the Ibiza:

Just the lower centre on the leon, but the lower and upper on the Ibiza. Also bought some Plasti-dip in mat grey, was thinking of trying the wing mirror caps at some point

Hi there. Does your car have the front parking sensors in the area of the bumper you wrapped? If so, did you wrap over the top and has this impacted on performance of your sensors?

I only ask as I did a similar mod on my MK2 and hope to do the same with the MK3 FR when it arrives this week.

Cheers. Mike

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ADzABOUT

Jan 26, 2010
NEAR NORWICH
Dc looks good mate well done. [B)]

Interesting thread, I'm thinking of getting the roof and rear spoiler done in gloss black vinyl,
However could do with a heads up from someone who has done this on how much it is likely to cost to pay a professional to do it, is it worth attempting it myself to save cash, what's the typical lifespan of vinyl and will it be more hassle than it's worth in terms of does it stay glossy for many years and will it start to peal off after time etc? Any info will be gratefully recieved!!!!

ADzABOUT

Jan 26, 2010
NEAR NORWICH
I've had the roof done (unless you have some experience, leave it to the pro's).
IMG_6779.jpg

Also see - http://www.create-it.co.uk/m18eut/leon_fr1.htm

Wow that does look superb mate!! [B)] I particularly like how the spoiler is done with some white left at the sides so it follows the roof lines.

Cheers for posting pic and link to other website has given me even more inspiration :
Any idea on what this would cost? As u say I have no experience so would rather get it done properly.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.