Volkswagen servicing Seat

MrStroppy

Dec 5, 2011
Morning,

I live to far from a Seat dealer and next door to a Volkswagen dealer.

Apart from warranty work anyone see any issue with me going to Volkswagen??

Cheers

EFF11

Jun 16, 2016
These days the law allows you to have your car serviced by an independent garage without affecting your warranty, but it must be serviced to Seat standards using OEM parts. Since your Leon is essentially a Volkswagen Golf there should be no problem.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Depends if you own vehicle or if it's leased. If the latter you need to check small print.

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
They will know what they're doing, but will it be FSSH come sale time? (Personally I'd take it to VW for ease.)

Brew3144

May 19, 2017
My local VW dealer services Skodas so should be no problem having your seat done there. When my new Seat eventually arrives ill be taking it to my VW dealer as its on my doorstep.

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
If it's leased then you have to go to the seat dealer. I know it's vw fin services but the small print says it's a seat dealer only.

Otherwise you invalidate the lease agreement and they will come after you for money and compensation.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Warranty wise if you own the car SEAT wont have a leg to stand on if they try to say its not been services properly.

Ibiza.Tom

Jan 21, 2016
If it's leased then you have to go to the seat dealer. I know it's vw fin services but the small print says it's a seat dealer only.

Otherwise you invalidate the lease agreement and they will come after you for money and compensation.

I've got my Polo from VW so done through VW Financial services, but I was told by dealer and remember being shown I can take it where I like as long as it is a VAT registered garage and genuine parts have been installed..

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
If you 'own' the car (eg...you have the V5) outright or have it oh HP, or PCP etc, as far as I know, VAT garage with genuine parts would suffice. Although servicing at a Seat garage may get you some 'add on goodies.' Breakdown cover perhaps or 1 litre top up oil etc, depends on offer they may have.

However if you are like me, and have the car on lease, I just double checked my agreement recently thanks to this forum (which is with VWFS) it specifically says must be Seat Garage, despite the dealer telling me otherwise!

Eg...
9.4.1 make sure that the Vehicle is serviced and maintained
strictly in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations
and that scheduled servicing and necessary maintenance
is carried out only by authorised SEAT dealers

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
I took my Mk2 to VW garage and had warranty work done after that, I checked first though with usual seat dealer they were fine

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
Ibiza tom. The dealer is talking rubbish am afraid. If the car is messed then it had to be the brand dealers.

Speak to vw fin services and they will confirm

I spoke to seat fin services and they said the same. If you own the car then its different and you can get it serviced anywhere as long as car registered and they use OEM parts.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.