Volvo set to lower top speed limit...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
It seems that volvo have started a new idea about limiting the top speed of their new cars to 112mph in an effort to save lives...

I'm pretty sure at a 112mph you'll kill anything you hit... Seems a little pointless now it's a game of can we hit the limiter I think...

I'm assuming tuners will like this as more people will get it removed if they do track days etc...

Thoughts?

Source - http://news.sky.com/story/volvo-to-limit-speeds-in-new-cars-from-next-year-116553607

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
It seems that volvo have started a new idea about limiting the top speed of their new cars to 112mph in an effort to save lives...

I'm pretty sure at a 112mph you'll kill anything you hit... Seems a little pointless now it's a game of can we hit the limiter I think...

I'm assuming tuners will like this as more people will get it removed if they do track days etc...

Thoughts?

Source - http://news.sky.com/story/volvo-to-limit-speeds-in-new-cars-from-next-year-116553607
Over in Japan they have being doing it for years.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Buy a Japanese import and it will be limited to 112mph. They also can't have road cars with more than 280bhp from the factory.

You can up bhp through tuning thou

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
The least they cold do is tell all the other manufacturers that copied the DRL idea to wire up rear lights

Amount of idiots on dark roads lately lol

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015

I agree. I've sat in a car 'cruising' at 140mph in Germany but felt safer than on the Whacky Races motorways on the UK at 70. There is a lot more to road safety than speed but speed is what the decision makers are obsessed with. Moves like this don't do anything to help overturn that view.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.