VW golf interior ligh in mk4 beeza FR

bozzy_beezerFR

ok so my dad turned up with his new 1.4GT supercharged golf yestoday after thrashing round in it for a while i noticed the interior light would look great in my emocion red FR it has two red LED's shining down to the gearknob area anyone know if this would fit in a mk4 beeza FR? and how much will i be looking for it?
or is it just worth swapping mine with his without him noticing??

cheers guys!

bozzy_beezerFR

aww great thats brill sorry im new to this
and BTW that was one hell of a fast reply!!

bozzy_beezerFR

it's like two LED's that shine down
it's a totally different set-up to the mk4 beeza one so will only fit if wires behind the unit will reach

MattBennett

Nov 14, 2005
I had a W8 light in my ibiza for a while, but could never really get it to fit properly. TBH get a light from another VAG car that can be screwed into the roof and install to red led's in the same style as the W8 light. This is what I plan to do in the new year. I will get pics of my light that I currently have in the car. IIRC it is from a Fabia, cost a couple of quid from the scrappers.

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
I thought the red LEDs were for the auto dimming rear mirror?

That's about right Tom, and the Ibiza mk4s that are fitted with said mirror have the W8 lights too. So all you need is to go along to a clued up SEAT dealer and ask for the interior light assembly for a mk4 Beezer with Auto Dimming Mirror. :)

I had it in my mk5 Golf and it wasn't all that really. I think the A3 version in the dash is better but that's going to involve a bit more work where the W8 light is an easy mod.

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Dont forget to use shorter screws than what comes with the W8 light pack. otherwise you push it onto the roof! Ie you get a little pimple on the roof of your car (the outside).

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I had a Passat W8 light fitted to my Toledo.

Basically a simple install - will be the same for the Ibiza...

Remove old light.
Snip off old lights connector.
Put wires into new connector, including an extra loose wire.
Run loose wire down A pillar to interior light.
Wire into interior light loom.
Connect new light, switch on interior lights - ensure and secure in place.

Looks very good, but I decided not to bother with the Ibiza and fitted a map reading light from an SE model. :)

Andybon

BOOYAH!!!
Nov 1, 2007
St Helens
Ive got an SE model and it doesnt have the map light. I wander if the bloke who was putting them in had the day off when mine was made?

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I have all the bits for this and have made up the cable adapter. Only thing is its the wrong colour for my Cupra interior :( So haven't fitted it yet...need to get it sprayed a darker colour really

MattBennett

Nov 14, 2005
Dont forget to use shorter screws than what comes with the W8 light pack. otherwise you push it onto the roof! Ie you get a little pimple on the roof of your car (the outside).

Think you are talking about the sunglasses holder mod mate.

Ksalmi

Apr 5, 2007
Finland
DSC00213.jpg

Ive got mine snug finnish.. just a matter of effort guys:D
srry bad quality pic

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.