Vw parts for the Seat range

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
Hi

Iv now got a Seat Altea 1.9Tdi after my much beloved Vw Bora went past its sell by date!

the question is: i had cruise control retro fitted to my bora and now i would like to do the same again to my Seat Altea!.

The only thing is VW has released a package to retrofit cruise control to any MkV golf but they havent released a kit for the seat range yet, does anyone know if the Vw kit will fit the Seat range!

cheers

Newbi

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
The indicator stalk that includes cruise control switch on an Altea is a Mk 5 Golf part, so I think it probably will

Tell

Staff member
For what it's worth it was that stork that was changed when my Altea cruise control packed up. If you look down, see if I can find the link someone else was saying that one of two things can go wrong with the cruise, so from a morphological point of view [I got two maths degrees ;)] have you got the other box ?.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80642

Mention of the steering column ECU in here... it was thought to have a bearing to the problem as to why my cruise control had stopped working. So if the hip bone is connected to you thigh bone etc presume all is OK down stream and you have one of these in your car which it plugs into which is suitable given that cruise was not factory fitted. My two pennies worth.

Last edited:

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
i know you have your reservations about Seat Cruise Control but 4 of my family members have Vw's with cc and i and many others have retro fitted it to our cars!

what i fitted to my old car (Vw Bora) was a cc stalk unit and once fitted/connected it was activated through VAG.com and of i went.

what i wanted to know is does the VW MkV kit fit directly onto the Seat range or is the wiring defferent!.

as Seat is not a quick in getting these product's out as VW is.

N

Tell

Staff member
I reckon that is a question for Spareman and Klawit over what the cruise stalk connects too.

As most electronic they either are go wrong in the first year or last so I don't have a problem with mine going wrong, I got it changed under warranty and all is good now. In fact their are undocumented features that the board told me about and one which the Seat engineer did as well.

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
As I said the SEAT factory fit cc stalk is the same part as a Golf Mk 5 factory fit cc stalk. The wiring loom will be in there already so i don't see much of a problem, should work like your Bora. Thing is I have never done it, I am just adding together what I know about the parts and about the loom.

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Hi,
as my name came up in Tell's post, I can probably help with a little more info about the CC subject:

Like a friend in german forum stated several months ago ...
=> http://www.seat-forum.de/forum/showpost.php?p=75821&postcount=2
... a retro fit should be possible, as the partno. from the ALTEA-stalk is the same as from the GolfV: 1K0 953 513 A 9B9 - 43,50€+tax (german price)

But ... there are different electronic modules for the stalk:
1K0 953 549 - electronic module for stalk
1K0 953 549 E - electronic module for stalk
1K0 953 549 A - electronic module for stalk combined with MFD + CC
1K0 953 549 F - electronic module for stalk combined with MFD + CC

You or your dealer will have to check with VAG.com or VAS5051 whether you already have a module "A" or "F" ... then you can just fit the CC-stalk in there ... plus tell the ECU that it's there.

Otherwise (having one of the first 2 mentioned modules) I'm afraid, that these have to be included in your shopping list as well.

As I mostly cited from the post in our forum, there is no absolute guarantee on the above info ... but I'm nevertheless quite sure, as our informant is pretty much reliable. ;)

Greets ... Klaus

Last edited:

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
thanks Klawit

thats just the sort of infomation i needed!

i will run that past my Seat dealer so i can obtain the correct info then i shall make a visit to my local Vw dealer.

cheers

Newbi

Oh and i might need your superb resorces to help me retro-fit some electric/heated mirrors later in the year!

Griffsters

Let us know how you get on Newbi.. sounds very interesting!

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
klawit said:
Hi,

But ... there are different electronic modules for the stalk:
1K0 953 549 - electronic module for stalk
1K0 953 549 E - electronic module for stalk
1K0 953 549 A - electronic module for stalk combined with MFD + CC
1K0 953 549 F - electronic module for stalk combined with MFD + CC

Greets ... Klaus

Update on this. The 1K0 953 549 A has superseded to 1K0 953 549 D (though the A's are still available)
1K0 953 549 F has superseded to 1K0 953 549 AK

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
SpareMan said:
Update on this. The 1K0 953 549 A has superseded to 1K0 953 549 D (though the A's are still available)
1K0 953 549 F has superseded to 1K0 953 549 AK
Hi SpareMan,
thanks for the update ... good you had a glance on this.

As I stated in prev post (see quoted link), my infos dated back almost a year.

cheers ... klaus

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
just an update for you all!

iv been in contact with my local seat dealer and even though VW has released a CC kit for the MkV Golf which is between £175-£250 fitted! Seat hasnt brought the same kit out yet!

but iv got the good people at the Awesome GTi store on the case who are looking up the part numbers for me and carefully checking of the VW kit to see if it can be used to fit the Altea and hopfully will be able to in the next week or so fit CC to my Altea for about £175.

I will let you know!

cheers
N

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members