VW TDi Emissions software scandal

nilz

Apr 12, 2015
I had a letter in the post yesterday just saying that our car is affected and that they will be in touch once something is clear about the remedial work that is to be carried out.

currie09

Mar 22, 2015
I got a letter in about my Ibiza, stuck between just rolling it up and flinging it out my window or burning it. No sure which one will hurt the environment more considering recent events haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
I wonder if it's because the MK3 Leon was one of the first cars to use the MQB platform and the EA288 engine.

I was also reading somewhere that the EA288 was designed for Euro6 compliance but was only declared as a Euro5 unit until it needed to be Euro6.

It's eu5+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golfhappy

Sep 1, 2015
Scotland
Last edited:

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
So do tell me, how (as a previous owner) are you effected by this issue?? How have you been disadvantaged by it??

I'll be quite honest, the way some of these legal firms are shaping up to jump at it I find massively bang out of order.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
So do tell me, how (as a previous owner) are you effected by this issue?? How have you been disadvantaged by it??

I'll be quite honest, the way some of these legal firms are shaping up to jump at it I find massively bang out of order.

I'm with you here - fekkin ambulance chasers have nowt better to do.

Unless someone comes after me for more money ( revised road tax etc ) - I don't give a monkeys.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I'm with you here - fekkin ambulance chasers have nowt better to do.

Unless someone comes after me for more money ( revised road tax etc ) - I don't give a monkeys.

Same here. Passat is a company motor so don't give a rat's chuff as long as I don't end up paying more tax.
Meanwhile, I can sit smug in the Cupra knowing that it is spreading sweetness and light as I drive...... :D

golfhappy

Sep 1, 2015
Scotland

I totally agree. I for one had it Revo remapped. I was only asking the question. We have become what i'd call Americanised looking to get compensation for this and that.
The latest trend is towards say medical malpractice.

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I totally agree. I for one had it Revo remapped. I was only asking the question. We have become what i'd call Americanised looking to get compensation for this and that.
The latest trend is towards say medical malpractice.

Medical malpractice? Just go round Merry Hill on a weekend you'll see hundreds of cases... :whistle:

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
I don't think I would be able to claim as I was left the car in a will and I have no receipts, and at some time would like to have a Revo remap.
I will to be keeping this car for a long time, not sure if I can even be bothered to take it back for fix, will be 6 years old (2012) when I change it so going to be worth S--t anyway.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise