W.O.T Box & 2-step launch control

Deleted member 39269

Think i'll be buying one soon aswell. When the weather gets a bit better.

Looks easy enough to install

Deleted member 39269

can anyone confirm exactly what wires are needed to wire up the WOT box?

As mine is here.. and i'm not sure if the guide's i find on google are right or not?

Deleted member 39269

Just use the guide it comes with it then run the tests.

I know what wires go to the actual WOT box. I mean what color of wires on the injectors and the coils etc etc.

I found a guide for a Bora but i'm not sure if the wiring colors will be the same?

Deleted member 39269

Got everything wired up, but can't match the wire for the injector. The instructions say its meant to be a violet/blue wire but we cant find that on the injectors?

Does anyone no what or where the wire is?

Deleted member 39269

test the voltage on it :) easiest way

Well both the wires get voltage going to them. So we tried taping into each one indvidualy and one wire makes the car missfire and the other one stops the car from turning off?

joshW

Dec 26, 2005
Swansea, S. Wales
cant remember which one it is, but if im right, there is 2 wires going to it, and its the smaller one is the one you need to tap into. im gonna check all the connections tomorrow and and write them down so will let you know.

josh

joshW

Dec 26, 2005
Swansea, S. Wales
Right ive just had a look,
Black wire - ground
Red/black - the 4 black/violet wires that come from the coilpacks.
Red - the 4 black/violet wires that are coming from ecu or wherever for the coilpacks, the other side of the wires anyway lol.
Blue - goes to the grey/blue wire on accelerator switch. (its wire no.1 on plug)
Yellow - goes to the blue/green wire (the thinnest) on injector 4.
Green - goes to he white/red wire on the clutch pedal.

I did have some problems with mine at first but i think it was due to software as it was second hand so bought a cable and downloaded soft ware and had to invert clutch switch signal, but it is easy with the software.

hope this helps,
josh

joshW

Dec 26, 2005
Swansea, S. Wales
Nah that was the same as what you gave me, although i realised that after trying the other 6 wires on the accelerator! grrr.

should have heard it before i got it sorted, no lift shift was activating on half throttle rather than full so was making some mental bangs when just cruising through town lol. scared a lot of people haha.

bla1n3

Nov 14, 2008
Ipswich
Had never heard of the WOT box until today! sounds a pretty rare bit of kit! isit really as good as people are saying? I have a mk3 cupra remapped induction kit and custom stainless exhaust but what other mods should be needed when using the WOT box.. making the car a lil more hard wearing to this?

Deleted member 39269

Right ive just had a look,
Black wire - ground
Red/black - the 4 black/violet wires that come from the coilpacks.
Red - the 4 black/violet wires that are coming from ecu or wherever for the coilpacks, the other side of the wires anyway lol.
Blue - goes to the grey/blue wire on accelerator switch. (its wire no.1 on plug)
Yellow - goes to the blue/green wire (the thinnest) on injector 4.
Green - goes to he white/red wire on the clutch pedal.

I did have some problems with mine at first but i think it was due to software as it was second hand so bought a cable and downloaded soft ware and had to invert clutch switch signal, but it is easy with the software.

hope this helps,
josh

Cheers i'll give it ago. I must of got the pedals wrong because i had the yellow wire on the small injector wire. And it would missfire like mad! :confused:

So i'll double check my wiring through the week

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.