W.O.T Box & 2-step launch control

Deleted member 39269

will be ordering 1 of these very soon from what ive heard awesome piece of kit cant wait just need to fit my turbo first lol

Yeah they look brilliant! Can't wait to get mine running properly! :D

when's the turbo arriving?

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
Yeah they look brilliant! Can't wait to get mine running properly! :D

when's the turbo arriving?

had it in my bedroom for over 18 months lol when i can be arsed to fit it really bit cold at the mo but as its bigger than my gt28rs i had on id have to get a bracket made up for the actuator will be done before ultimate dubs aswel as a wheel re-furb and the bumpers and skirts de-textured and painted so just a few jobs to be done lol

dejmos

Jun 19, 2006
in the german cupraforum.de 3 guys destryos their catalytic converter, 2 got bended con-rod´s and 1 destroyed his 1.8t with a demolished rod... :(

i got one with the 2 step but i sold it before i installed it :whistle:

Deleted member 39269

Right ive just had a look,
Black wire - ground
Red/black - the 4 black/violet wires that come from the coilpacks.
Red - the 4 black/violet wires that are coming from ecu or wherever for the coilpacks, the other side of the wires anyway lol.
Blue - goes to the grey/blue wire on accelerator switch. (its wire no.1 on plug)
Yellow - goes to the blue/green wire (the thinnest) on injector 4.
Green - goes to he white/red wire on the clutch pedal.

I did have some problems with mine at first but i think it was due to software as it was second hand so bought a cable and downloaded soft ware and had to invert clutch switch signal, but it is easy with the software.

hope this helps,
josh

I've wired mine in exactly the same and it missfires really badly? Can't seem to get it to run well at all. It takes ages to start and when its running its like a coilpack is down?

What am i doing wrong?

daves ibiza

callum let me no the income on this pal as im looking into one . but dont want to mess around with wires shorly someone can confirm hes wired it up right .:D

Deleted member 39269

callum let me no the income on this pal as im looking into one . but dont want to mess around with wires shorly someone can confirm hes wired it up right .:D

I will do Dave just trying to get mine to run properly.

When wiring it in i have one purple/black wire that goes to the rocker cover then it goes into a joiner and comes out as 4 wires. Which go to the 4 coils

So when installing mine. I put the red wire to the single purple/black wire
And the red/black to the 4 purple/black wires

Is this right or does the red/black wire need to be connected to 4 purple/black wires?

Because everything is connected the way Josh said and it just doesn't run well at all [:@]

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
make sure you dont have a dry joint on the 4 wires bundling into the single wire from the WOT box, make sure theyre soldered well...

also which might be the case... id you cut the wire going to one of the injectors, the wire the box uses for the rpm? This needs to be left cnnected and simply spliced not cut, if youve cut it, youll deffinitely get a missfire.

Deleted member 39269

make sure you dont have a dry joint on the 4 wires bundling into the single wire from the WOT box, make sure theyre soldered well...

also which might be the case... id you cut the wire going to one of the injectors, the wire the box uses for the rpm? This needs to be left cnnected and simply spliced not cut, if youve cut it, youll deffinitely get a missfire.

I did cut and join the wire. But if you remove the protecting cover over the injector and put the yellow wire in there its exactly the same

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
yea, i just mean so in effect the wire is still a complete wire as if its not been cut, but then has the yellow wire still attached...
did you attach it to the injector or the coil signal wire? do you remember which colour wire you attached it to aswell? ill check autodata for the right wires for you...

Deleted member 39269

yea, i just mean so in effect the wire is still a complete wire as if its not been cut, but then has the yellow wire still attached...
did you attach it to the injector or the coil signal wire? do you remember which colour wire you attached it to aswell? ill check autodata for the right wires for you...

Ah right yeah its all connected up still. I connected the wot box yellow wire to the number 4 injector which i think is green/yellow its the thinner wire

Ok cheers

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
For others wanting to fit this to a mk2 ibiza, or a car without a clutch position switch... i found this is the best option available. Its a plunger switch that grounds straight to earth on the pedal box. Fits the hole in the mk2 ibiza pedal box perfectly, couldnt find an OEM item for the mk2 ibiza so this is the next best option.

sw4.jpg

Available from here... the third switch down

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/switches/switches.php

It has around 1'' of full travel breaking the circuit for the full 1'' so s ideal if you lazily leave your foot on the clutch pedal a bit when driving like i do :D

wiring from said switch

clutch_switch_diagram_no.gif

Last edited: