W66RRY - Mk1 Leon Cupra R

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Been on the forum for a long long time now. Had 8 really good years with my Ibiza

It had a couple of mods over the years :lol:

Then I thought it was time to grow up a bit and bought an A4 estate 1.8t

This was a great car, comfortable, reliable, handled well etc etc but I just could never bring myself to like it.

So I done a deal with it against an LCR, bought late at night in the dark and rain - this may have been a mistake :shrug: Excuse the rubbish photos over the next few posts

The night I brought it home

Next day in the daylight :blink:

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
So first things first got my new plate on, and gave it a proper clean inside and out

This took a full day of cleaning to get to this stage

Iron X doing its thing

I don;t know why but I never took any decent finished pictures.

At this stage I had checked the car over and made a long list of bits it needed.
Brakes were shot all round, car handled like a sack of potatoes, it had the wrong wishbones on, had 4 mismatched springs on it and was in general need of some TLC.
Looking back through the cars history, it appears to have been owned by an older guy for 8 years or so, and never wanted for anything. It was then owned by a young guy for a year or so, who'd neglected to give it any attention apart from a dump valve and tinted windows :confused:

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
So at this point I wanted new pistons, dust boots etc for the calipers, and by the time I had priced it all up, it was coming in fairly expensive.
So David at Sere hooked me up with a set of brand new calipers instead :D

EBC discs

Fitted (with a cheeky stud conversion)

And calipers fitted too

I ended up getting brand new calipers for the rear too, and painted them to suit

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
The car needed 4 tyres, so I thought I'd get these

And in the background you can see a set of Weitec 50/50 shocks and springs I got to tide me over (got to be better than 4 wrong springs)

And I bought some cast wishbones and poly bushes to sort out the caster issues

Painted and fitted

New bolts

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Ok so at this stage, the car was allowed out in public, and as a baseline, I took it along to a rolling road day.

Made 227bhp, which sounds good, but the car had a bodged decat, and a map of some description so wasn't as healthy as could be.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Ok so now all the maintenance is done, it's time to start tweaking

Jetex filter and heatshield

New Forge 008p (new design)

Badger 5 TIP (excuse the red, I got two delivered and don;t appear to have a pic of the blue one)

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
So group outing for stage 2 mapping

And straight off to another dyno day

Car made 256bhp. Don;t have the graph. While the figures sound disappointing, the dyno operator told me the car was running dangerously lean (16:1 on boost) and I probably wouldn;t make it off the dyno without a cracked piston. My AFR guage disagreed with him, EGT's were in good order and the car drove brilliantly so I was happy.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Day after going stage 2, an Alfa decided to take up my space on the road :(

I got off fairly lucky when you consider the speeds involved and where it happened etc.
At this point I decided I'd spent so much on it, I may as well go the whole hog and have the full car painted. So a new rear door, new wing and other bits and pieces, and the full car stripped down and painted.

I also have to say a big thanks to Glentyan Alloys at this point who sorted my wheels completely free of charge :D

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Decide to fit water meth in preparation for future plans

Quick run out at Crail - best time of 14.5 (I think :lol:)

Tucked up safely for winter

And my cheap winter runner

Which pretty much brings me up to date. The car is currently undergoing some major changes. I'll make a start to posting them up ASAP ;)

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
105_zpscf9e444c.jpg
[/URL]
;)

Where did you get this from mate?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Such a shame when a nice car falls into the wrong hands but it's nice to see you've brought it back to how it should be :thumbup:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.