W66RRY - Mk1 Leon Cupra R

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Where did you get the material you used to wrap the rubber on the charge pipe and the heatshield that covers the mani?

The cover for the charge pipe is Nimbus heatshielding. Can get it from ebay/demon tweeks etc.

The heatshield over the mani is a custom part. £25 delivered if you want one

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
And then, disaster struck :(

Fitted up the brakes and suspension, got a mile down the road and it cut out.

Lots of chasing the problem, and it turned out I have water in my ECU, and its dead :(

One pin had corroded completely off, and a few others weren;t far behind.

New ECU should be here today and hopefully have it running again :D

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
What material are you using for the brake duct plates out of interest?
Having had an early set of bills 2 piece setup, I can say probably the best brake setup ive ever had

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
What have you bolted them to mate? I don't have alloy welder so I'd have to try make some from steel and paint them.

They're bolted to the hub in place of the existing dust guards. Plus one extra fixing into the caliper carrier as they were flapping about a bit

What material are you using for the brake duct plates out of interest?
Having had an early set of bills 2 piece setup, I can say probably the best brake setup ive ever had

Aluminium for the ducts. Cooling, fluid and discs should be sorted now but still running ds2500 and they're useless :(

Berghii

Love this car! Makes me want to get mine even sooner and get started on it! Only another 2 weeks!

The bonnet vents are awesome and cant help think they would be even better carbon dipped?

Tempted to throw a set on mine when i get it, will be more subtle thought as mine will be black

Awesome job!

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Those grills look really good I think, never really seen it before but it's a win in my book! What happens now with the ecu then? Any idea where the moisture was getting in, want to have a look at mine when I'm home. Such a nice car, wheels suit it so well too!

Sent from my iPhone

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.