w8 lamp issues

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
does anyone have a guide of how to fit the w8 reading lamp? I had a guide, but i followed it to the letter and it seems not to work!!

anyone able to help? iv done a search but uncovered nothing :(

Basically, from what i remember, i couldnt get the LED's to light up with the lights on, and to add insult, when i turned the lights on the door open/lights on buzzer sounded (with the door shut!) and the actual light did not come on either (the one when u open the door)

my previous standard light worked fine!

Please help!

Cheers
JK

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
oo not sure...was one the seller sent to me. I'll check Ed's out now...

I did a search in all forums for w8 and nothing was returned...hmmm!!

cheers will look now

JK

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
piece of piss to do if u have any electrical knowlege. Know im doing it soon and I checked it out before the connections are basic and the plug option is the best way to go I think

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Just for reference, the term 'W8' was too short to search for, but I put in a request and m0rk will hopefully get around to adding it to the search facility at the weekend. :)

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Good luck JK! I broke my W8 doing that guide, one of the wires solder joints broke and havent been assed to fix it yet! Doh!

I suggest you cover the circuit board with insulation tape to prevent the wires from touching anything they shouldnt.

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
cheers peeps...

funny thing is...i said id do it later...then realised that i not got my car this week...im in a pooy rental punto!!

roll on sunday...shiny car!! yey

JK

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
ah having it smartened up a little...de-stonechipped!! front bumper, bonnet, wings, and some small dents scratches in the front doors.

Having the cupra rims painted in the same dark grey colour of the cupra trim too. Punto Grande iv got is killing me...supposed to be an 'active' - doesnt feel it :p

JK

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.