1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Progressive Parts Rolling Road Day - 17th November 2019 - find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Want my 12v socket permanent on

Discussion in 'Altea - includes XL and Freetrack' started by akchappers, May 9, 2018.

1. akchappers

akchappers Active Member

Ok have searched and searched for this.
    My 56 plate altea sport tdi is annoying me as I have to have the ignition on before I can use the 12v socket in the front to say charge my phone.
    Apparently there is a fuse location change and Iv looked under the dash and can’t tell which one to move . Or am I just gonna have to suck it up?
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks !

2. robint

robint Full Member

05/55 plate Alteas had the 12V socket permanently on (I had one) so if you can compare the two wiring diagrams (I don't have them I'm afraid) then that would give you a clue or at least a direction to go. Didn't realise that they changed the on/off that early in the Altea life.

3. akchappers

akchappers Active Member

Yes it’s definately off with the ignition.,. I though there was a way to sort it by moving a fuse upwards or something....

4. Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook MK2 Cupra R Stock+

5. akchappers

akchappers Active Member

Hi mate
    Yes I saw that but my fuses are under the drivers knee not behind the glovebox... it’s a bit baffling.
    And Iv got to now clean my egr as it’s hooting like an owl and eml is on!