Wanting side skirts for my cupra 290, ideas?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
The SEAT side skirts look great from all angles.

They work on all of the MK3's pre facelift and facelift

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/side-skirts-are-on-cupra-300.445716/
SetRatioSize900650-009LEONCUPRA290-1.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

k290b

Apr 15, 2019
Anyone know how the maxton side skirts fit?

Are they glued on! Surely you don’t have to drill into the sill?

Or does anyone know where to get the OEM seat ones discounted?

Thanks

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Anyone know how the maxton side skirts fit?

Are they glued on! Surely you don’t have to drill into the sill?

Or does anyone know where to get the OEM seat ones discounted?

Thanks
I believe they are drilled in. @theoldboy has answered this question a few hundred times I suspect lol

Reactions: Jaco2k

k290b

Apr 15, 2019
I’m just worried about rust etc if I drill into the sills

I like the look of them and for the money they seem good but it’s just drilling into the sill that puts me off

I’ll maybe look at the OEM ones but by the time they’re painted they will be expensive

Last edited:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014

The anti corrosion warranty is also likely to be invalidated if the bodywork started rusting in the vicinity of any holes drilled by the owner.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

I like the look of them and for the money they seem good but it’s just drilling into the sill that puts me off

I’ll maybe look at the OEM ones but by the time they’re painted they will be expensive
They are expensive to be fair, but they look awesome. However they’re also only held on with glue and 2 screws that sit inside the wheel arch and aren’t there to take weight just hold the arch in place.

With the right glue and prep I suspect glue would be enough. As for rusting. So long as you don’t plan taking them off, if you glue around the hole where the screw are, that will help.

Deleted member 103408

How long you going to keep the car for, Me till it dies but a large number on here change ever 2 - 3 years so would not worry about it.

I would also not rely on warranty personally as I am sure they will try and get out of it.

I have said it before but will say again you wont be able to have mud guards with these on unless you modify them to fit.

Lastly you should also consider by fitting these you are also adding in some protection the the bottom of your car doors from stone chips etc.

k290b

Apr 15, 2019
I’ve fitted mudflaps yeah so they would have to go

Anyone know the part number for the side blades I can’t find them?

Do they fit the 290 or just fit the 300?

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
The SEAT side skirts look great from all angles.

They work on all of the MK3's pre facelift and facelift

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/side-skirts-are-on-cupra-300.445716/ View attachment 1273

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The reason I've opted for these on my 290 Lux (Yet to be delivered). I paid £550 for them including painting (magnetic grey), fitment and VAT. I don't like the look of the blades and thought £550 wasn't too bad a price for the genuine skirts. Haven't seen any pics of a magnetic grey Cupra with these fitted yet.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I’ve had both, and think the side skirts look better than the blades.

The side skirts make the overall car look more planted as they sit probably 15mm lower than the actual car...

7CE48001-67A7-4940-A12D-A2A8697287DA.jpeg

...so much so I’m getting the car lowered at Progressive Parts/VAG Mcr in just over a weeks time.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise