Wanting side skirts for my cupra 290, ideas?

k290b

Apr 15, 2019
Yeah I like those

I’ve seen them online for £300 but guess they will be £150-£200 to paint

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
The reason I've opted for these on my 290 Lux (Yet to be delivered). I paid £550 for them including painting (magnetic grey), fitment and VAT. I don't like the look of the blades and thought £550 wasn't too bad a price for the genuine skirts. Haven't seen any pics of a magnetic grey Cupra with these fitted yet.
£550 is a good price, considering you have got the painting included.

Surprisingly the front lip is costing me a similar price.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: King_leon

k290b

Apr 15, 2019
Has anyone tried fitting mk7 GTI side skirts?

My car looks the same as the wife’s 7.5 GTI underneath

There are blank plugs on the Leon where u assume the brackets clip into

I can’t see why the GTI ones wouldn’t fit a Leon - I’m going to measure them up

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Has anyone tried fitting mk7 GTI side skirts?

My car looks the same as the wife’s 7.5 GTI underneath

There are blank plugs on the Leon where u assume the brackets clip into

I can’t see why the GTI ones wouldn’t fit a Leon - I’m going to measure them up

The shape / profile of the sills may be different on the Golf and Leon. You could always remove one of the black plastic sill extensions from your wife’s Golf GTI and offer it up to the sill on your Leon to see if it would fit flush; top to bottom and side to side.

The Golf GTI sill extensions should be easy to remove - at least they are on the pre-facelift mk7 GTI, and I’m pretty certain the fixings are the same on both the mk7 and mk7.5 models. The installation method for the Golf GTI sill extensions on the factory production line is a number threaded studs are screwed into the bodywork along the length of the metal sills. The plastic sill extension has a number of slotted holes on the reverse side that slide onto the screwed studs.

To remove a sill extension from the Golf GTI so you can see if it would fit your Leon, there should be one or two small hexagonal shaped bolts on the underside of the sill extension. If you remove these, and then slide the plastic sill extension towards the rear of the car, it should easily lift away from the fixing screw studs behind. Not certain how far towards the rear of the car you’d need to slide the sill extension; it may be easier if you remove the rear wheel which might be in the way of sliding the sill extension back far enough to remove / re-fit it.

Part numbers for the mk7 Golf GTI sill extensions (not sure if these are the same for the mk7.5 GTI);
Left; 5G6853859B9B9
Right; 5G6853860B9B9

If you do an internet search on the part numbers, you’ll see some pictures of the fixing slots on the reverse side.

Reactions: k290b

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
£550 is a good price, considering you have got the painting included.

Surprisingly the front lip is costing me a similar price.

That'll be the next purchase when the front end annoys me by looking higher .
Not looking forward to forking out another £550 though.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
That'll be the next purchase when the front end annoys me by looking higher .
Not looking forward to forking out another £550 though.
Haha, yeah, it's being bugging me since I picked mine up. I think I'll stop there, but I'd love to change the diffuser to a glossy black.

k290b

Apr 15, 2019
SG Petch online have 20% off the side skirts

I live right next to them so will collect so saved on postage too - got them for £290 instead of £315

Ashley_ng

Jan 27, 2019
Does anyone know what the Side Skirts from the polish seller on ebay fit like? Or does anyone have pictures of them fitted please? Reason i ask is the Cupra looks miles better with the skirts but my car is leased so paying full price for OEM ones on a car that isnt mine is a tad expensive, if worst comes to worst then il have to get some OEM ones :)

k290b

Apr 15, 2019
Just picked mine up from the painters

£290 for the skirts £100 for paint £10 for tiger seal

Looks like a good job really pleased.

I’ll give them a few days before fitting them as the paint is a bit soft still

96B04C04-ED35-4CC3-9476-1F281130D51D.jpeg

Reactions: Ashley_ng

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
I’ve had both, and think the side skirts look better than the blades.

The side skirts make the overall car look more planted as they sit probably 15mm lower than the actual car...

View attachment 6351

...so much so I’m getting the car lowered at Progressive Parts/VAG Mcr in just over a weeks time.
That's were I'm doing my remapp

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk