wanting to fit 5x100 alloys what do I need to know?

Adill

Feb 7, 2018
Hey wondering if anyone can help me, found some 5x100 alloys that I think would fit my leon perfectly I'm aware the stud pattern on the leon is 5x112 but i was planning on picking up some adaptors to make them fit. I read online that you cant always use adaptors to make them fit often due to the offset of the alloy and width or something. I am not entirely sure what that means I was under the impression I could simply use the adaptors.

Any help or advice would be appreciated thanks guys

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hey wondering if anyone can help me, found some 5x100 alloys that I think would fit my leon perfectly I'm aware the stud pattern on the leon is 5x112 but i was planning on picking up some adaptors to make them fit. I read online that you cant always use adaptors to make them fit often due to the offset of the alloy and width or something. I am not entirely sure what that means I was under the impression I could simply use the adaptors.

Any help or advice would be appreciated thanks guys

I honestly would not recommend using adapters, it will definitely invalidate your insurance and IMO be dangerous.

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
The thickness of the adaptor is likely to make the effective offset too low and push your wheels into the arches.

Different wheels (or even a re drill) would be more suitable.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I’d look for some different wheels with the correct 5x112 bolt pattern.

The OP hadn’t said what the brand or design of the wheels are with the incorrect bolt pattern. Chances are, there’s a manufacturer who makes a similar design with the correct bolt pattern, so the OP could get the look they want, without having to resort to using adaptors.

Reactions: Walone
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.