WARNING: Halfords 'Ready to use' screenwash

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Gary from Refined reflections (i think thats what its called) is more your area i would have thought?
Failing that, Contact Iain (Finer details) as he would probably advise.

darrenh

...soon to have new shoes
Mar 30, 2005
Cambs
www.myspace.com
Might give them a call once I've got the quotes and find out how they're gonna pay me... one thing I don't want is for me to pay it and they reimburse me!

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I saw that BOGOF offer, it's still a rip off.

If you bought standard it was £4.99 for 5l, but 2 for one so £5 for 10l

I found their concentrated stuff, 1l for £2.99, mix at 1 part to 20 parts water, so £2.99 for 20l.

Seems the ready mix is paying for water!

darrenh

Mar 30, 2005
Cambs
www.myspace.com
I saw that BOGOF offer, it's still a rip off.

If you bought standard it was £4.99 for 5l, but 2 for one so £5 for 10l

I found their concentrated stuff, 1l for £2.99, mix at 1 part to 20 parts water, so £2.99 for 20l.

Seems the ready mix is paying for water!

Must have been fun in Halfords working that out...

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
gutted for you darrem as i know how much you love your yellow car. go for the full detail so then it should all look the same afterwards! :D

darrenh

Mar 30, 2005
Cambs
www.myspace.com
Thats kinda what I'm thinking Karl, if they just do the door - it'll look stupid. So the quote will be for the door AND then the car. I don't think that's being unreasonable really.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Its only fair IMO. Their product messed your paint up, and now it needs sorting, along with the hassle and stress you had from the problem in the first place. I'm sure if they disagree then you could seek legal advice from CAB....
Hoe it gets sorted out to your satisfaction soon.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
sorry to jack, but that is bad news mate as i've used the blue stuff for years and had no issues - though you could have caught wind of a bad batch, it happens.

So what else do people use as being winter i like to keep mine, mum & gf topped up. Got some free with last service, but that ain't gonna last me long.

What was outcome? or you still waiting?

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
im tempted to buy mine from my local audi dealer... odly enough its cheaper than seat and is better, plus it has anti bacterial stuff in it.

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Well I sort of had a similar problem to you Daren. Basically I normally buy good cleaning products for the car. The whole car had been clay'd, then SRP'd and then I applied a coat of Victoria concours to the car. This was because I was to sell the car a week later. I noticed I was running out of windscreen wash but for some reason I decided that instead of the good stuff I will just get a bottle from the pound shop. Anyway, filled the reservoir, tried them out (in the dry). The windscreen was clean as a whistle but the windscreen wash ended up running onto the bodywork. I thought nothing of it (because its "only" screen wash). That weekend I went to wash the car and to my horror I had a goldy/green stains everywhere where the screen wash didn't wash off. I thought FCUK (because I was a week away from selling the car). I didn’t want to t-cut the bonnet because all the steps I applied on it but a simple spray and wipe with the detailing spray wasn't doing anything either.

In the end I found out all it needed was a bit of SRP (Auto Glym super resin polish). It’s a polish but it’s nowhere near as hardcore and abrasive as t-cut. Before you decide to get a whole bonnet respray I recommend you give it a go with the SRP.

Mig

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
ive been using the standard seat stuff that came with the car got no complaints with it.

will check out the prices at the local stealers when i need more

seat,skoda,vw and audi

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.