Warning light on oil temp gauge?

Bowks

I've spoken to my local dealers in Cheshunt and they said its a common fault, so i've booked it in for next week. They are going to change it under warranty along with the red 'R' badge on my boot, which has faded.

The dealers confirm that it is a sensor problem which becomes evident on cold mornings.

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
My car has this flashing coolant light problem. It is in with VW and they cannot find the fauly :blink: light no longer flashing but it has done for the past 3 occasions I started the car and did when I was driving it to the dealer!

I am mythed, they have put it down to low coolant - near min mark on the header tank. I have demanded they check it again tomorrow morning when the engine is stone cold.

Can these sensors be intermittant??

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
slimjim said:
If it's electrical.... it can be intermittant .... which it is ... So it could be .....

If that makes sense :)

Fooking typical! It beeps everytime, so I don't drive it for a week. Now at the dealers, it has stopped.

I hope it starts up again as I know I will take it home, next morning I start it to go to work, it will do it again :cry:

They gave me a base peasant model Lupo to drive! Boy it is rank :( 0-60 by the turn of the century!

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Kam said:
Fooking typical! It beeps everytime, so I don't drive it for a week. Now at the dealers, it has stopped.

I hope it starts up again as I know I will take it home, next morning I start it to go to work, it will do it again :cry:

They gave me a base peasant model Lupo to drive! Boy it is rank :( 0-60 by the turn of the century!
Got a Camcorder?

NO ... not for that! :rolleyes:

To record it if it happens on your car again..... ;)

jenkz

well, hoping that i don't sound too much like a plonker with this post, but ........ here goes ........

car has always been garaged overnight, the last day or so i'll start the car up and drive out the garage. While the car is stationary and I'm busy closing the garage door there's been a single beep and an orange light on the dashboard comes on .......

the orange light looks like the windscreen washer jets - am i right ? is this something i should be worried about or do i just need to move to a warmer part of the country (it's cold up in the NE !)

thx

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
jenkz said:
well, hoping that i don't sound too much like a plonker with this post, but ........ here goes ........

car has always been garaged overnight, the last day or so i'll start the car up and drive out the garage. While the car is stationary and I'm busy closing the garage door there's been a single beep and an orange light on the dashboard comes on .......

the orange light looks like the windscreen washer jets - am i right ? is this something i should be worried about or do i just need to move to a warmer part of the country (it's cold up in the NE !)

thx
Your washer fluid level low? :clown:

bluehaze

Cupra R Member
Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
Mine too, defo the cooling tank, mines been on back order for a week from SEAT, obviously a very common fault, having mine fitted on friday under warranty, it is a week out of warranty but they said they would do it because it happened before.

Any way of editing the title of this post anyone as it is about water not oil for future reference?

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
My car has WELL FCUKED me off!

Dealer just called me up, they cannot replicate the flashing temp light, dispite it flashing at me on 3 occasions when starting up including the drive to the dealer yesterday morning

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I have a bill for £70 as they had a look and coulden't find anything + insurance on the courtesy car!

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Kam said:
My car has WELL FCUKED me off!

Dealer just called me up, they cannot replicate the flashing temp light, dispite it flashing at me on 3 occasions when starting up including the drive to the dealer yesterday morning

I have a bill for £70 as they had a look and coulden't find anything + insurance on the courtesy car!

Shite.....

Sorry :(

Camcorder me thinks....

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
i am not taking ANY sh*te from my dealer when mine goes in on Friday....

My flashing light happens every morning when i switch it on. If i switch it on in the afternoon, it doesnt happen which I can only put down to outside temps etc....

Now I spoke to the dealer about it being intermittent, so they have been pre-warned. I also offered to leave the engine running and nip in and get the mechanic to PROVE that the light is flashing - think i might HAVE to do this to guarantee that they do something about it.

Hicks

Let's nuke 'em from orbit
Nov 26, 2002
Relocated Yorkshireman
Visit site
Pabs said:
i am not taking ANY sh*te from my dealer when mine goes in on Friday....

My flashing light happens every morning when i switch it on. If i switch it on in the afternoon, it doesnt happen which I can only put down to outside temps etc....

Now I spoke to the dealer about it being intermittent, so they have been pre-warned. I also offered to leave the engine running and nip in and get the mechanic to PROVE that the light is flashing - think i might HAVE to do this to guarantee that they do something about it.

I can't stand this attitude of not believing the customer. Basically they're saying you're lying. They know full well of these common problems on the car. You wouldn't go to the hassle of taking the car to them if there was no fault. It's not right.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
thats exactly my arguement when i go in - if they turn around and say - can't find any faults with your car on the issues you are having I am going to argue that I dont spend time in there for the fun of it and i dont waste my petrol unless something is actually wrong.

Trouble is i am VERY relucatant to leave my car overnight - I barely let it out of my sight here so leaving it in an non-secure carpark overnight is NOT good. Especially when knowing what has happened in the passed

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members