Warranty - Exhaust Replacement - Me Wants Performance One

grasshopper

aarrhhhh so
Nov 11, 2003
North East Hants
Visit site
My local 'stealer' has agreed to replace my exhaust under the Seat warranty :funk:
The bracket by the rear box had sheared and rather than weld it back they will replace it - WFMG ;)

Has anyone been in the same position and tried to do a deal so that rather than the standard LCR system you go for a 'muts nuts' replacement from say Milltek.

What do you reckon - they ordered the standard one for me today :idea:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Let me know, mine has been broken for a while...

It's currently clamped together with a Jubilee.

LCR225 ALLAN

your car will be in the garage for a while!
lcr exhaust is a 1 piece system from the cat back!
I had to cut it into 2 to remove it to fit a milltek system!
You can remove it in one but involves dropping the back axle, I think.

Max172Cup

225 Grey LCR
Nov 19, 2004
Leeds
I seriously doubt they'd order or fit it, because they would not be able to guarantee the work or give you any warranty. Still, i'd defo give it a try, but i wouldn't hold my breath if i was you!

BlackCupraa

2.0 BOOST
Sep 18, 2004
Chesterfield
I was told that if the exhaust went kaputt you could put on a non-standard performance one and warranty would not be affected (engine warranty)

But i doubt that the stealer will fit one or order it in for you

MattCupra

Jan 14, 2004
Andover
Visit site
i've got a couple of weeks warranty left on my LC. had it MOT'd this week and they found the middle bracket had come off the exhaust.

It looks more rusted than sheared - I assumed it would fall under normal wear and tear rather than warranty. Didn't occur to me to try the dealer - what do you reckon the chances are?

deadly

Leon Cupra MY03
Sep 22, 2003
Staffs
Visit site
MattCupra said:
i've got a couple of weeks warranty left on my LC. had it MOT'd this week and they found the middle bracket had come off the exhaust.

It looks more rusted than sheared - I assumed it would fall under normal wear and tear rather than warranty. Didn't occur to me to try the dealer - what do you reckon the chances are?

Didn't think about getting my exhaust rattle seen by the dealer - expected it to be 'wear and tear'. MOT diagnosed middle bracket broken on mine too. Definitely sounds like a design fault. My car's now out of warranty - I'll be annoyed I did nowt about it if you manage to get it sorted under warranty!

chubbs

Nov 14, 2001
waterlooville
Visit site
don't think the exhaust is in one peice as i've got my old one in the shed in i think 4 bits that does inc the down pipe and its not been cut at all . Wouldn't it be a bit silly to make an exhaust for a car like the leon in one peice they will probably just change the back box

Daz8161

Daz
Mar 9, 2005
Belfast
hey chubbs do you have the bit of exhaust with the lcr tail pipe? would you be interested in selling it? im wanting to try and weld one onto my exhaust.........

MattCupra

Jan 14, 2004
Andover
Visit site
Arctic said:
You dont ask you dont get, whats the worst they can say?

Just found out that the sailisbury dealer has just been sold :blink:

Well I asked - didn't get!

Arctic you know if it's going to stay Seat and has just changed owner (be good to see the back of Pinchbeck and get decent dealer) or closing down / changing manufacturer?

BACKWOOD

Jun 6, 2003
w/yorks
Visit site
The bracket by the rear box had gone on mines as well had new box section fitted today seat had none in the country and had it on back order my car is a 03 took my car in for the engine warning light and they told me about my exhausts so seat know about this problem and i think the dealer know too because it had nothing to do with the warning light so anyone with a 03 lcr should check there exhaust before your warranty ends

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise