Warranty work

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Hi,

Just a quick question. My car is due to go in for some warranty work later this month, will having a full Miltek TBE fitted effect my warranty?

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
your not being detailed enough what exactly are you getting done if its lights then an exhaust system won't affect it...if its an engine or emissons etc then prob yes, bit hard to answer that question you posted though

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Its the dash that i'm having checked out, as i am getting a very annoying vibration like sound coming from the center, perhaps from the cd player or one of the air vents.

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Guys, will my car be okay to go in with the full milly exhaust?? Don't fancy being told my warranty is void!

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
As far as im aware ;

Anything you do does not affect the warrantee as a whole.

HOWEVER

should a problem occur that could relate to a modification you have done, then yes the warantee on that PART is invalid.

e.g you redo your ICE, and a speaker blows, then it isnt covered.

if the exhaust could effect that part of the car, and it goes, then its probably not covered, however if your windows stop working, then you are fine.

hope that helps :)

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Thanks for that Paulie, hopefully it should be okay as it's the bloody dash that is annoying me with the constant vibration coming from the center! Searching some of the threads, I'm aware it's a common problem with leon dash...

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
rattles, in a SEAT.... never :p

dont put your stereo up high or your doors will rattle too :)

oh and don't go over cobbles....

If they can't find anything they may very well say 'it could be where the new downpipe is fitted and the noise is being transmitted through' 'we'll charge you labour for the troubles'

My engine had all the signs of a diverter valve failure and they had a fettle around. They found I had a jubiliee clip instead of a spring clip on my air box so decided to not do anything under but charged me for labour. After a big rant I got the money back... just be aware that they'll do anything not to do it.

They have to follow a symptoms guidline sheet if yours doesn't fit the bill they won't bother.

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Yeah your right, let's hope they don't decide it's anything to with the exhaust which it isn't tbh.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members