Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Washer nozzles blocked ?

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by halftone, Mar 19, 2012.

1. halftone

halftone Active Member

Ive tried the search, but cant seem to find the answer.

It seems my washer nozzles are blocked, the drivers side sprays out at a trickle, not a "fan" shaped spray, and the passenger side nothing at all comes out.Weve not really had any ice/snow that could have frozen so Im guessing its a blockage.

Im a bit wary of sticking a pin in there incase i break something. A friend suggested removing them and soaking them in warm water or a cillit bang/cleaner type thing ?

#1 halftone, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  2. lawrieIbizaMk4

lawrieIbizaMk4 Team Boc!

I would agree with your mate, take them off and give them a good soak in some hot soapy water :)

3. Benn0

Benn0 Active Member

The back washer for me has always been a problem, even on my old school '99 ibiza 1.4!

Good shout about taking off and cleaning though.

4. halftone

halftone Active Member

Removed, soaked in hot soapy water, put back on and still the same.

Even tried blowing through them to see if I could clear whatever was clicking them.

Any other ideas ?

5. Willsy33

Willsy33 I bent my Wookie!

Check the washer bottle for crap that's built up inside. Might be an idea to clean it out (shouldn't be too hard to remove the pumps).

Failing that it could be the pipes themselves that are blocked. Disconnect the jets and get an airline on them to blow any crap out (just be careful and check the connections once you've finished).

I forgot to mention - are the pumps OK? Get someone to pull the lever whilst you listen for the pump. If it sounds like it's dying it might not have enough power to pump the fluid through.

#5 Willsy33, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  6. halftone

halftone Active Member

Pumps and pipes seem fine, water comes out of them when the jets were removed.

Can pick some new ones up on eBay for about £7, but the part that actually attaches to the pipe is straight, not a 90 degree bend like on mine, will they still fit ?

7. halftone

halftone Active Member

Fixed it, just replaced the jets with some from ebay, works perfectly now.