Washing Machine.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Unfortunately I need to buy a new washing machine.
Does anyone know if it will fit in the back of a mk2 Leon ok?

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Bugger :(

The reason for picking up is because delivery is between £19-£25 and I don't live at the property I want it delivered too, so I would have to wait there possibly all day!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Prize for the the most random post in ages :thumbup:

:D

On a side note, I would have thought that with the back seats down, a washing machine would fit in on its side with no problems, even with the packaging?!

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
It wasn't a particulary busy night so I decided to pull the washing machine out at work and see if it would fit in the car.
Once the breeze block is out of the bottom it's surprisingly light.

d_SD8D+Z_original.jpg

Can someone put this in the FAQ's please?

Last edited:

joolsvern

The biggest MEMBER here
Jun 22, 2009
Doncaster
I fitted me (big boy), the wife (big gal) and an ikea kitchen which is actually my "media area" in mine (worktop, fridge/freezer unit, double unit, all the doors and all the gloss side panels) and the bonus is the weight of it all resting on the passenger side of the dash cured the rattling that was coming from there.

joolsvern

The biggest MEMBER here
Jun 22, 2009
Doncaster
I must have just not tried hard enough but I couldn't get my fridge into the back - didn't try it out of the box though...

You mean washing machine?? Out of the box is a massive difference on most appliances, I got small chest freezer in mine with packaging but it was only 4 poly beams on each corner and shrink wrap round it all. Number of times I go to ASDA and see people taking there tv's and white goods out the box to try and get them in their ford Ka's NOOBS. :D:D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members