Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Watch out for leaks in the footwell

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Walpurgis, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Walpurgis

Walpurgis Active Member

A German car magazine has reported that up to 300,000 VAG cars, including the new Golf, Leon and A3 could be affected by water leaks in the passenger footwell as a result of wrongly installed air-conditioning drainage tubes. Volkswagen has admitted that 46 Golfs have needed repairs, but a spokesman said he wasn't aware of any Seat or Audi cars being affected.

The report warns of mould, condensation and possible electrical damage. It's not clear whether the driver's footwell would be affected if the fault occurred in right-hand drive cars.

There is an English language report from Reuters and you can find the original German report here. (Google does a decent translation if you need it.)

2. Suicida1 Zombie

Suicida1 Zombie Active Member

As mine is a diesel and a lease I often drive through puddles the size of ponds and havent noticed a drop inside the car....

3. slo007

slo007 Active Member

"...wrongly installed air-conditioning drainage tubes."

Not due to puddles...

4. Suicida1 Zombie

Suicida1 Zombie Active Member

Oh, I thought it meant the tubes created a leak, not that the AC run off had been plumbed in to fill the foot well.

Well if that's the case I have used the climate control non-stop for 6500 miles and again noticed no leaks :-D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

5. BloodRave

BloodRave Active Member

I had this problem. Aparently there was a hose in the AC that was cut or something.
    The problem i had was constant wet passenger floor/mat.