Water injection or Intercooler Spray?

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
ibizacupra said:
No more power on mine but it remained very very consistent.

That's also what i'm seeing on my vag -com, temps rarely go above 50 degrees C and that's with the smic. So W/M/I and A&M's FMIC will keep things fairly cool indeed.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Made up a wiring diagram for my system to enable me to run both water injection and IC spray. If i use this method then i will require another pump(BILL?).

Also attched a plot for water injection on & off.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Sorry guys forgot to say X-axis is 1st,2nd & 3rd gear.

The light blue is WI on and dark blue/purple is WI off. It says on it i think? Yip bottom right of the plot.

SHARKY

Did some testing last night on a friends Leon. Car is standard except for Revo software. OAT was 30C and we did 4th 5th and 6th gear runs up to top speed (230kmh). Without the water injection running inlet temps was as high as 80C and EGT were to the 900C area. With the the aquamist running inlet temp went down to 42C :-o and EGT to 820C area. Running a 0.8mm injector installed just after the OEM smic. 100% water was injected.
For a bigger bottle why dont you use the OEM washer bottle that comes with the cars that have OEM XENON lights its a 5+ liter bottle and will fit a Leon. It also has an extra space for a pump (you can use this to make an intercooler spray). Then you connect the the water spary pump to the water injection pressure sensor and they both work together
:cheers:

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
I'm using the washer bottle, ;)

If you look at the drawing above i've added an extra pump, a switch, a relay and a diode to allow me to use the IC spray seperately from the WI but when the correct boost conditions permit the both pumps will activate. hopefully!

I'm going to be taking the WI off the car before my IC arrives so i can get the system bench tested properly before fitting.

Retep

Circuit For InterCooler Pump

Has anybody tried using a circuit of the waste gate solenoid

There is no point in pumping water over the intercooler when the waste gate is open
:redface: :confused:
I am currently designing a circuit to pump when the waste gate is closed and has anybody got any pics of the spray nozzle set up

GBA OBD Tool

Shock_Xe

Retep said:
Has anybody tried using a circuit of the waste gate solenoid

There is no point in pumping water over the intercooler when the waste gate is open
:redface: :confused:
I am currently designing a circuit to pump when the waste gate is closed and has anybody got any pics of the spray nozzle set up

GBA OBD Tool

looks cool, would be nice to have a pda version

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Shock_Xe said:
looks cool, would be nice to have a pda version

PDA Version called VAG_CHECK:

www.arlab.it

Works well, need "special" cables though, or a CF Serial card. I have the a null modem adaptor an a serial sync cable that connects my skpang ODBII lead to the PDA.

Retep

What sort of cost is the PDA + Serial + OBDII lead

Also I am interested to here if somebody has a circuit diagram for the water intercooler modification

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Three options:

Option One
Standard ODBII lead + null modem adaptor + serial sync lead for IPaq.
my opto-one lead was from skpang.com - £40
null modem adaptor £3
http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=EXP_IPAQ3800SERIAL]serial sync cable £8

Obviously, you can use the opto-one with a laptop. The serial sync cable doesn't charge the PDA.

Option Two
Skpang now does an IPAQ ODBII lead - £50
http://www.skpang.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=49

Option Three
Serial Lead and CF Serial Adaptor (with CF to PCMCIA adaptor this would also work in a Laptop) - £a bit pricey. BUT if you don't have a serial port on your laptop, it might be a better option.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
That's eactly what I use it for (and BTW you can change the default colours which are IMHO ****).

Just trying to find out if/how to do a throttle body alignment with it.

Shock_Xe

ibizacupra said:
sounds pretty cool.
wondering if it will work with my aging 3900 iPaq

im thinking same thing, got a 3950 ipaq, already orderd a sync cable and null modem from expansys 4 weeks ago, still not arrived, waiting for stock. Am gonna use the cable to hook upto road angel for GPS and tom tom

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Mike & Bill - it *should* work fine. The 3800/3900 might be "old" but they're good little units. It's a cheap enough solution (if you have a serial ODBII cable) to try it and see...

Be aware that you might have a problem keeping the ipaq charged up when in the car, and there's no practical way of using sat nav and logging at the same time, in fact I have to soft reset mine to get it to connect.

Edit: If you're both at Westec on the 3rd, get the software downloaded and installed and you can try my cable...

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Feel said:
Mike & Bill - it *should* work fine. The 3800/3900 might be "old" but they're good little units. It's a cheap enough solution (if you have a serial ODBII cable) to try it and see...

Be aware that you might have a problem keeping the ipaq charged up when in the car, and there's no practical way of using sat nav and logging at the same time, in fact I have to soft reset mine to get it to connect.

Edit: If you're both at Westec on the 3rd, get the software downloaded and installed and you can try my cable...

I have my vagcom lead which should work?
downloaded the software tonight but not braved installing it.
got my connection cble somewhere safe.. :doh: just need to find it and the null modem bit from my desk somewhere... must tidy up.... must resist.... arghhh

will hopefulyl bring it with me and maybe even running..! you never know. :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.