Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Didn't think about them well I plan to have a good look 2moro get it under shelter at work just hope it's not to cold lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they're good, you just have to remember to take them out every morning or they tip over and spill and you're back to square one. They definitely help though.

jamie 225

Nov 5, 2015
So my problem turned out to be the cabin filter seal I had loads of crap around it too which didn't help toke it off cleaned the area and resealed it carpets are drying out slowly now. Could do with new door seals as well due to water just sitting at the bottom of the door until I open them lol. Nice dirty filter which is now replaced
59ac5d0053cb0d9564fb8c0fc38a1921.jpg

jamie 225

Nov 5, 2015
Fort I sorted it but still got a nice lot of water in the passenger rear footwell the rest are dry do you think this could be the door seal if only this one is wet?

jamie 225

Nov 5, 2015
Yes mate I may have to redo it but passenger side front it's completely dry just that one footwell now lol

Marv-95

Dec 30, 2010
Southampton, Hampshire
I think it will be where the filter meets the chasis, I don't know what you did. The front is usually dry and the water collects in the rear.

You can take the door apart and sit in the car when it rains but the majority of the water for me (Passenger footwell) came from the filter seal failing. I have also done my doors though.

Marv-95

Dec 30, 2010
Southampton, Hampshire
No Jamie you need to look at the guide on here. It isn't the door seal that runs around the inner door. It is the butyl strip that has eroded away over time between the 2 pieces of metal within the door. You can either replace the Butyl Strip or seal with external silicon.

If you have only done the top of your filter and NOT where the underside meets the chasis then you need to address this as well. If you look at my filter fix - there was 10mins hail storm and you can see the water collecting in the rear of the car (from the front footwell). It sounds like you haven't done it correctly. What did you do??

jamie 225

Nov 5, 2015
No haven't done that I have done the cabin filter the same way you have done yours I may need to use more sealant

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members