Water pump or head gasket broke?

Nazlfc

Sep 28, 2009
Had mine a month and half. :(

Not happy but it needs to be driven daily for a few miles, doesn't overheat though unless all the coolant is spat out (after about 130 miles on the m/way then i have to pull over). It's done that once.

Not really sure what to do with it as taking the head off just to look at it is even more money. :( Just got £1k of work done on it too.

1K, Ouch far from me to say it as I'm in the same boat mate. Maybe it would have been better to bite the bullet and got the head off initially rather than put the water pump and cambelt on. I'm getting all this done as part of taking the head off.

I went to garage to check up on progress earlier and the mechanic showed me the gasket and I could see that it was going. Got it in at the right time really. Head's come back clean and polished. He's going to be using a thicker gasket to provide the seal as well as checking a few other things out whilst the head is off. Hopefully there isn't anything else and I'll have my car by Saturday. Still not happy that this existed prior to buying it though.

platofan

Oct 12, 2009
Well I thought i'd try the waterpump first as that's what everyone suggested. :(

Ah well, I prob get it checked out when I find a decent garage.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Possible. Only one way to be sure really and that's take the bull by the horns.

Tell you what, I'll make a bet that I'm right about the head gasket and I'll be happy to lose it. You take a bet on the water pump and I hope you're correct. That would be the cheapest option. :D

This is what I'm talking about. :shrug:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members