Waze alerts

Esseepee

Oct 2, 2019
Huddersfield
I predominately use Waze for the speed cameras, hazard, mobile police and speed alerts and don’t know if this has been discussed before or if it is of interest but I would like to share how I get Waze voice alerts (over speed, hazards, speed cameras, police, traffic light cameras etc) through Bluetooth without having activated full link which at circa £200 is a ridiculous amount to ask for an activation key particularly when it says technology in my cars description.

Set up
My phone is an iPhone 7

Waze on phone
Select the alerts you want to receive
Set the sound output to “Bluetooth”

Car
Link car Bluetooth to phone
Put and leave lightening cable in usb 1 slot
In media source select usb as primary source

Operation
After getting in the car
Connect lightening cable to phone
Open Waze app on phone
Switch on ignition

From this point on my selected Waze alerts are voiced through Bluetooth and car speakers
If you want to set or adjust the volume this can be done during or immediately after an alert, or during a Bluetooth phone call.

This process and settings work a dream on my 2018 Mk 3 Leon 1.2 SE TSI Dynamic Technology

I hope this may be of use to anyone who like me uses Waze as a second line of defence to help with inadvertent speeding and hazard notifications.

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
I find Waze laggy as hell via Full Link so always use Google maps. I do prefer the alerts on Waze though so its a bit annoying it doesn't work properly, not in my car anyway.

Esseepee

Oct 2, 2019
Huddersfield
I use the in car sat Nav and just have waze giving me voice alerts, even works when playing music (music fades for alert then returns) so I’m happy with the set up as convoluted as it is.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I find Waze laggy as hell via Full Link so always use Google maps. I do prefer the alerts on Waze though so its a bit annoying it doesn't work properly, not in my car anyway.

I have no lag at all with Waze. What car do you have and what infotainment system? I’ve got a 2017 CUPRA with MIB2 and it works perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I have an app with my V1 radar detector which also takes crowd sourced alert feeds and displays them as part of the detector display.
Many users report getting much quicker alerts than vvaze and sometimes displays genuine alerts when vvaze doesn't. I had this a couple of weeks ago, a cop parked up using radar.
The only catch is that you can't report alerts back to vvaze.

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
I have no lag at all with Waze. What car do you have and what infotainment system? I’ve got a 2017 CUPRA with MIB2 and it works perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a 66 plate FR with MIB2, phone is a Moto G5 if that could have any bearing.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.