Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Waze and Android Auto - Audio Help Please

Discussion in 'Arona' started by jonial, Oct 2, 2018.

1. jonial

jonial Jonial

I have been using Waze for the last few weeks and I cannot find a way to get the audio directions to come from the infotainment system. I can only hear them from my mobile phone. Has anyone managed to get the audio to come through the car speakers and if so can you point me in the right direction for instructions. My mobile phone is a Motorola Moto g4 plus.

2. Veyron_fan

Veyron_fan Active Member

If your connecting via bluetooth and using android then this should be fairly simple. Connect the phone to the car, drag the top bar down and there should be a button marked "audio output" with a speaker logo. Press that and see if your car is listed. Should see the name of the car as 1 option and the phone itself as another. Press on the car name and check it's set to that. If this doesn't sort it let me know more details of your setup ie android auto or waze standalone app etc

Good luck

3. jonial

jonial Jonial

Thank you for your reply.
    I am connecting via a usb cable and android auto. However it now seems to be resolved and I can now hear the directions through the car speakers.
    I think this has happened after an upgrade to Waze via the Play Store.

Regards

4. alpineSi

alpineSi Active Member

Do you have the issue where the directions start as a whisper and are then shouted out? That's a common complaint on various sites, I've had to turn directions off because of it :(

Didn't happen in a rental Opel or Peugeot, so definitely a Seat problem in my mind.

5. jonial

jonial Jonial

No I do not appear to have that problem, the instructions are at a constant volume

6. LouG

LouG Active Member

Make sure "play sound to phone speaker" is not enabled in Waze on your phone.