Weak brakes on Ibiza 1.9TDi - but the servo is working.

RobKo

May 6, 2018
Hi,

I am new to this forum and have just bout an Ibiza 1.9TDi Mk3, built 2007/registered 2008.

The brakes are weak. They feel like the servo was not working and need a hell of a lot of leg force to get reasonable braking.

I tried the "servo test" as detailed in the Haynes manual and online. I pumped the brakes a few times before starting the engine to drain all vacuum from the servo. I pressed and held down the brake pedal. The travel was limited and the pedal resistance was "solid". I started the engine. The pedal "sucked down" about an inch or two as the servo charged. When I stopped the engine, the pedal "pushed back" to the position it was in before the engine was started. It appears like the servo is "seeing" the vacuum, and the vacuum hose between the vacuum pump and the servo casing looks ok.

When driving i on the road, the pedal travel is short, but still needs a lot of leg force to get the brakes to stop.

Does anyone have any ideas why the brakes would be weak if the servo was working as described above?

Regards,

Rob

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.