Wearing a Ring

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Afternoon All,

I'm getting married in October and we are at the stage of picking rings etc, has anyone noticed any ring metals that cause scratching on the gear stick from changing gears?

My first opinion was brushed Tungsten so I can buy 4 of them for £100 so if I loose it I am covered haha

Never really worn any form of jewellery (just got a Fitbit watch which still feels weird)

Any help or info would be great

Cheers

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Just find an o ring that fits.

Rubber so won't scratch anything and you'll already have loads lying around the garage / shed in case you lose it

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
One of the issues with hard metals like titanium is if you end up in hospital with an injury to that finger they can't remove the sodding things.
Usually have to call the fire brigade, which in some cases has lead to more damage being caused.

You can always take the ring off to drive?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
One of the issues with hard metals like titanium is if you end up in hospital with an injury to that finger they can't remove the sodding things.
Usually have to call the fire brigade, which in some cases has lead to more damage being caused.

You can always take the ring off to drive?

Good point well made, I would take it off but it's just getting into the habit of doing it. I'm not sure as it's brushed metal if it's more likely to scratch one would think yes...

Cheers

s.chow

Apr 21, 2016
Wrap the bottom of the ring in clear cling film before you wear it, so it’s still transparent and shouldn’t scratch anything either & this way you can keep it on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.