Wedding car ribbon

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Evening all,

I don't pay that much attention at weddings these days but wondering if the grooms car need a wedding ribbon on it or is just like grrr and all manly lol

2 things that bother me...

What colour ribbon... Same as my tie (deep red) , my suit (blue of course), white because its a wedding or the technicolor dream coat version?

And will it mark my car or damage it in anyway lol

I do have to join the a1 to get to my venue...

Wonder if @Syphon can get me an SCN ribbon haha

I hope everyone will give me honest and dedicated answers and not resort to their childish selves lol I won't name names...

Cheers

Reactions: Syphon

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Evening all,

I don't pay that much attention at weddings these days but wondering if the grooms car need a wedding ribbon on it or is just like grrr and all manly lol

2 things that bother me...

What colour ribbon... Same as my tie (deep red) , my suit (blue of course), white because its a wedding or the technicolor dream coat version?

And will it mark my car or damage it in anyway lol

I do have to join the a1 to get to my venue...

Wonder if @Syphon can get me an SCN ribbon haha

I hope everyone will give me honest and dedicated answers and not resort to their childish selves lol I won't name names...

Cheers
The bride normally has the Ribbon but both can have them and I would think if its a white wedding then
it would be a white ribbon,
I have just driven a car for my Sister in law and we had a white one and bows

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
The bride normally has the Ribbon but both can have them and I would think if its a white wedding then
it would be a white ribbon,
I have just driven a car for my Sister in law and we had a white one and bows
Well the brides dress isn't white from what I've been told and I'm not wearing any white and neither are the bridal party so maybe I need the colour of her dress... Or maybe like you said I won't bother because I'm not the bride lol we don't need one for her as she's staying at the venue.

Cheers for the reply

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Well the brides dress isn't white from what I've been told and I'm not wearing any white and neither are the bridal party so maybe I need the colour of her dress... Or maybe like you said I won't bother because I'm not the bride lol we don't need one for her as she's staying at the venue.

Cheers for the reply
I think I would be planning more on how to avoid all sorts of rubbish being tied to the back of my car, fish next to the heater matrix etc. etc.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I think I would be planning more on how to avoid all sorts of rubbish being tied to the back of my car, fish next to the heater matrix etc. etc.
As I'm overly OCD about my car the maximum amount of wedding rubbish would be a ribbon, which I assume I could tie to my boot catch some how so I don't have to feed it through my grill...

It's not come up in conversation yet but I want to be ready lol I need to be more worried about it being clean when I arrive lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
@Legojon what would you do lol and don't say don't get married lol

Yes, I do love a quandary whilst I'm partially drunk. Grrr, you already discounted my first idea... I can't convince you to spend the money on a 4WD conversion, turbo + coilovers instead? Think of the many years of happiness that would bring!

Well, we can eliminate colours. Trim is black, but black will make it look like your going to a funeral. So that's out. Blue on blue won't really stand out. Hmm, I've never really fancied red on blue. But... what's the saying... white goes with everything? Or was that black...

Reactions: Maypack

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Make it a Desire Red ribbon you know it makes sense. Then your attire and the car will be in tune.
My tie is almost desire red lol you would be so proud haha

I should of sent off for a speed blue suit and desire red tie with an SCN tie clip haha

Weddings suck, even more so when I have to do stuff...

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
As I'm overly OCD about my car the maximum amount of wedding rubbish would be a ribbon, which I assume I could tie to my boot catch some how so I don't have to feed it through my grill...

It's not come up in conversation yet but I want to be ready lol I need to be more worried about it being clean when I arrive lol
I was referring more to wedding guests attaching tin cans, sweeps, and other paraphernalia as is the custom

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I was referring more to wedding guests attaching tin cans, sweeps, and other paraphernalia as is the custom
They wouldn't be guests after... Everyone knows if they did that I would reenact the purge movies for just one night lol

Luckily were staying at the same venue were getting married in so we don't need to drive it till the day after.

Reactions: Legojon

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yes, I do love a quandary whilst I'm partially drunk. Grrr, you already discounted my first idea... I can't convince you to spend the money on a 4WD conversion, turbo + coilovers instead? Think of the many years of happiness that would bring!

Well, we can eliminate colours. Trim is black, but black will make it look like your going to a funeral. So that's out. Blue on blue won't really stand out. Hmm, I've never really fancied red on blue. But... what's the saying... white goes with everything? Or was that black...
That's a negative on the 4WD lol

I'm crap with colours so I have no idea... Black is a good choice but yeah little bit funeral ish haha I best ask the other half.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Got it. Bronze!
:headhurt:
Or even decal stripes made of SEAT CUPRA.NET stickers.
That would be awesome... Not to sure i'd enjoy taking them all off though for the next big clean lol
Stuff the ribbon....open downpipe!! Make an entrance.

Also congrats and good luck.
Haha I really like the deep tones of a nice downpipe but my neighbours wouldn't and I'm not a fan of motorway drone as I do long trips quite a bit.

Reactions: Andrewwright
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.