Weird Climate control problem.

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
I've had an issue with my climate control twice in the past month where the blower fans sound to be working as in I can hear them and the sound increases as the fan speed increases however there is no air flow coming from any vents.
This has happened during long journeys over 50 miles. Everything was working fine at the start of the journey and I only notice when I start sweating because the cabin temperature has risen. Yesterday I had 100 miles of this fault driving back from Reading. The fault seems to rectify itself after the car has been turned off for an hour and cooled down.

Has anyone else had this issue? My car is a 1.8tsi FR and is only 16 months old with 6500 miles on the clock so is under warranty.

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010
I've had an issue with my climate control twice in the past month where the blower fans sound to be working as in I can hear them and the sound increases as the fan speed increases however there is no air flow coming from any vents.
This has happened during long journeys over 50 miles. Everything was working fine at the start of the journey and I only notice when I start sweating because the cabin temperature has risen. Yesterday I had 100 miles of this fault driving back from Reading. The fault seems to rectify itself after the car has been turned off for an hour and cooled down.

Has anyone else had this issue? My car is a 1.8tsi FR and is only 16 months old with 6500 miles on the clock so is under warranty.

Broken flap motor or stuck flaps?
Sounds like a trip to the dealers is needed.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Did you try turn to different vent or to window the air?

i have different problem possibly not just me. If the heating system off after some time blow hot air in cabin.proper annoying how come hot air if screen show off.i cant just turn off aircon and let window down because without reason start heating the car.so aircon constantly on if warm outside.
Service will check but first time they told turbo warm up air and getting fresh air system....
Engine bay sealed from top air vent grill outside so not really possible.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members