Weird Clutch Issue

Mat

As I was leaving work this evening, I went to put the clutch down, and there was LOADS of play! Usually, the whole travel of the peddle is stiff, but tonight is was free, and only last hal inch or so was "stiff".... Gradually came back, and after 5-10minutes driving, the clutch peddle was back to it's normal stiff self

Any ideas what could have caused it to become quite loose?

Mat

seemed a little low again today after just collecting it from garage that was doing camber etc... It was ok this morning...... Whilst driving, I managed to nudge the peddle a little higher up (whoops), so it now sits higher than the brake peddle.... Any suggestions?

Tom7

System might need bleeding, there might have been a bit of air in it that worked its way out after abit of use.

Ricardo_Smooth

Powered by Apples!
Jun 26, 2007
sheffield
old fluid most likely mate. Clutch pedal is prob now higher because you have pulled the pedal switch higher up (and prob ripped a few plastic threads off too) turn the switch above the pedal a couple of turns to see if it returns to 'normal'

Mat

ah... cheers.....

how/where do i check if it's leaking? and where do I "top it up"

Mat

funny you say that. I was thinkin that earlier. But thought there would be no way they'd do that!

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
I had the same sort of problem with my car & after weeks of playing about i just twisted the thin metal bar sat between the pedal & the cylinder, job done.

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Yeh its right behind the clutch pedal and sits inside the white clip.
If u put ur hand on the pedal & follow it up you will find it.

chrissy1502002

Search Button Ambassador
Jun 12, 2007
Portsmouth (ish)
www.bebo.com
Strange, I thought I was the only one with that issue. When I had mine it did exactly the same thing. I had bled it neumerous times and made no difference. I would like to know what needed to be done to rectify this.

Mat

think i may have sorted it!

removed the tray, then there's like a white peg with a connection on it! I touched it and it fell out lol.... Managed to push it in some more and it held the peddle in it's "normal" position

Mat

TBH, lost interest with recent events. Crap weather also doesn't help! Had some bulbs for a month that I need to put in.... Just CBA

Mat

Ok, so went out last night, and again. The clucth biting point etc was VERY low. If I am leaking fluid, where would I need to check, and where would I top it up, and what with?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members