Weird noise from heater

Leonidas

Its hard to describe but it sounds like water gargling when the heater fan is on. Could there be water in the system, has any1 heard of this before????
I did hit a LARGE puddle the other day and there is lots of floods around!! :(

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
If there's water in the air ducting I would guess you would get a lot of misting up.

Could be an air lock in the hot water heat exchange matrix?

Leonidas

It does mist up all right but it always did :shrug:
Fans are still workin perfect and its blowin out heat!!!

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Difficult to say wirhout looking at the car, could be air in the water system but tbh they do self bleed pretty well. If could the expansion valve on the a/c system. But quite often you get noises from the heater fan itself as the pollen filter is after the fan so if a leaf or debris gets sucked in it gets stuck in the fan.

Leonidas

Difficult to say wirhout looking at the car, could be air in the water system but tbh they do self bleed pretty well. If could the expansion valve on the a/c system. But quite often you get noises from the heater fan itself as the pollen filter is after the fan so if a leaf or debris gets sucked in it gets stuck in the fan.

It does seem to be a random noise and the most time I hear it is when I'm braking or turning a corner. There no a/c either.
Nice car techie ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise