weird rattling noise during cold engine [VIDEO] Ibiza ABF 99'

swedishcupra

Nov 3, 2013
Here's a video of the sound, apparently I cant post links yet but remove the spaces from this url:
http :// youtu.be /H-GkfJfslqA

It's a dark pitched sound and i can feel vibrations too, it feels like its coming from beneath the gear lever. It only occurs during acceleration and when the engine is cold. After you've driven for 10 minutes the sound goes away. The sound has existed for at least a year or two, I'm not the owner of the car yet but if you guys have any questions Ill try to answer them.

I really need help troubleshooting this problem! Thanks in advance!

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
from a long time ago with my 8v probably either the heat shield rattling around which is in that area or possibly the exhaust support bracket rubber has gone or perished which lets the exhaust bang around.
i think there is one under the rear seat area as well which can cause similar problems?
mine used to grumble and rattle going around left hand bends mainly
check engine/gearbox mounts for excessive movement as well

swedishcupra

Nov 3, 2013
from a long time ago with my 8v probably either the heat shield rattling around which is in that area or possibly the exhaust support bracket rubber has gone or perished which lets the exhaust bang around.
i think there is one under the rear seat area as well which can cause similar problems?
mine used to grumble and rattle going around left hand bends mainly
check engine/gearbox mounts for excessive movement as well

Thanks for your answer! So you don't think it's something expensive or very serious then? I will examine very mount and bracket I can find, the strange thing is that the sound disappears after the engine has gotten warmed up.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.