Weitec Coilovers arrived - Need fitting advise :)

Arnoldo

Diesel Fr :D
Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
Ok my coilovers have arrived and im looking to get them fitted on tuesday. Few questions.

1. - Is the coil on the left def for the front?
2. - Do I remove these clips shown in pic 2 as mentioned in this: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=217668&highlight=weitec+ibiza
3. - Is there any extra protection that I can put on or over the coilovers to stop them corroding (apart from copper grease on the threads)? I know they are galvanised btw.

Pic 1:
pa264249.jpg

Pic 2:
pa264252.jpg

Pic 3:
pa264251.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
The left is for the front mate :) i put some WD40 on mine and have adjusted them 3 times and can still do it by hand! As for the clips i didnt take any off mine and the ride is fine.

Arnoldo

Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
Awesome :) Another question. I have TA technix coilovers on the rear atm which are working fine. My question is, should I leave them in until they wreck themselves or put all in at once?

Disco_Biscuit

Ibiza Cupra Tdi PD200
Jul 8, 2007
Awesome :) Another question. I have TA technix coilovers on the rear atm which are working fine. My question is, should I leave them in until they wreck themselves or put all in at once?

Put them all on at once, the damping rate will be different and it may upset the handling.

Wilber

Feb 3, 2010
Belfast
They are, but i have green springs and black shocks. Probs changed their colours after the price went back up. Good gear though.

Arnoldo

Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
Fitted these last night. Wound the height adjuster right down and tightened the top mount as far as it would go with the air gun. If I grabbed the spring and pulled it down it made a gap of about an inch away from the top mount i.e wasnt tight against it. Had to raise it up a bit to counter this.

Question is. Why is this the case? Surely you should be able to have it right to the bottom with the spring not seperating from the top mount?? Designed for a different spring?

Picture coming soon.

Arnoldo

Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
As promised:

Picture 1:
image0090.jpg

Note gap at bottom!!

Picture 2:
image0091u.jpg

Showing the nut is tight

Picture 3:
image0092p.jpg

Raised up and installed

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
How low is the car with the adjuster that far down ?

You might find you need to raise the platform just to get a reasonable ride height.

That will take up the gap you are currently seeing.

Last edited:

Arnoldo

Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
Its very low lol and its gettin raised up today or tom. Question is....why design the struts to go that low if it doesnt hold the spring?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Its very low lol and its gettin raised up today or tom. Question is....why design the struts to go that low if it doesnt hold the spring?

Some cars are lighter than others and will require different settings.

Another reason could be that the damper body is a common item between a few manufacturers and the extra thread is used in another application.

Also - on some kits - you get a second spring (short and soft) - to take up the slack in the suspension.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise