Well, the half time whistle has blown on the 2009 season, what are your thoughts

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
OK, so 5 meetings done, 5 to go.

What are you thoughts.

I'm thinking Turks for the outright title. The RAC 320si's look strong.

Gio, well I don't think he'll make it 3 in a row, the Vectra is just struggling against the BMWs.

CVR, dunno whats going on there. Such a promising start, Brands was good, 6 starts, 6 finishes, all with points, then just been slipping ever since. (if you exclude Jones's 2nd place) Oh, and for christ sake, FIX DAN'S CAR

Maxtreme, what is going on, the engine ORECA/BTC Racing saga. Such a shame.

Plato/Jackson/Nash Silverline. What a surprise. Plato could actually be more of a threat to Turks in the second half than Gio will be.

AON, I'm disappointed, nuff said. What a let down.

Dynamics, looking stronger with Thommo on board.

Last edited:

Leonidas

Ya im a little disappointed with cvr. Sometimes its just bad luck though. Jonesy has got punted off in the last 2 meetings [:@]

Andywarr

Feb 27, 2008
my thoughts are that i still hate neal and plato, such a shame about CVR, the cars are so striking and i wish they performed as well as they look

I thought Andy Jordan would have been higher placed in the championship than he is.

I think Turkington will win it outright.. the person i want to see on the podium the most now is Paul O'Neill, he is trying so hard and loves racing so i think it will be well deserved

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Regarding CVR you can visibly see the decline in their form in the standings. It ain't so much the position as the points they have given up to teams like Airwaves BMW since Brands Hatch. They haven't slipped down much but they are now trailing some very good teams by a considerable margin. For example, in the Teams Championships, at the end of Brands it was CVR's 4th with 24pts to Airwaves 3rd place score of 40pts (a difference of 16pts) it is now CVR's 6th place with 69points to Airwaves 3rd placed score of 139pts (a difference of about 70pts).

Regarding VXR they have been average and RAC have stormed the series and look good to take most honours.

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Turks looks in good form to win and is increasing in confidence all the time but JP could be running him close by the end of the season given current progress.

Hope the Vauxhalls continue to be outpaced by someone...anyone ;)

CVR are presumably still struggling with finances to actually maintain and run two cars competitively, given the mishaps they've encountered so far. Dan has had some appaling luck but Jones is driving the nuts off it every time. I hope Colin and the team can hold it altogether to beef things up for the second half.

Poor Liam is stuffed for this season I fear. Possibly jumped too early into BTCC? May need to retrench for a season and build up sponsorship before having another crack under the new rules in 2011.

Still loving all the drama in the G50's. Go Fulvio that first podium will come.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Turks looks in good form to win and is increasing in confidence all the time but JP could be running him close by the end of the season given current progress.

We cannot underline enough how strong a talent he is this season. He has got something I don't think in all the seasons he has been running in the BTCC he has had and this season's WSR 320si just seems to have an extra kick to it because it is running just so effectively.

Hope the Vauxhalls continue to be outpaced by someone...anyone ;)

Theirs still life in the old dogs, but for me their real weakness has showed itself - to me it cannot cope with a great deal of competition. Airwaves, Team RAC and Racing Silverline all can beat the Vectras on a good day I reckon.

CVR are presumably still struggling with finances to actually maintain and run two cars competitively, given the mishaps they've encountered so far. Dan has had some appaling luck but Jones is driving the nuts off it every time. I hope Colin and the team can hold it altogether to beef things up for the second half.

You would think cash is tight, but I don't think now is the right time to put the lack of any success down to lack of dough. It, for me, is too early to say.

But as you say AJ is the best thing about the on-track success.

Still loving all the drama in the G50's. Go Fulvio that first podium will come.

I love the G50's too and I am a fan of TCR. As much as I am pulling for Carl Breeze I think, like Phil Glew in the Clios, Nathan Freke has what it takes in the BTCC.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members