We're Back!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Sorry for the downtime folks, if your wondering what happened to us, our server was hit by what appeared to be a defacement hack. This did not compromise the security of the forums so your personal info is safe, but using a script it overwrote every index file. A complete pain in the arse or what. [:@]

But you live and learn, its one of those things, first time in the 5 or so years we've been around, so inevitably it had to happen at some point, hopefully we've put the measures in place to reduce this from happening in the future. We decided the best course of action for the breach, was to clean the server completely, with a full format and rebuild, hence why it took a few days.

A Huge Huge Massive thanks to Martyn :D , you the man!!, and Mark too and thanks to Andy Cpufreak too, for all his help during this downtime period. Plus all the other messages of support etc we've received, and the constant, 'when will it be back' cheers also to you.

A few things may not be 100% at the moment, but we'll get it sorted over the coming days. But at last we're back online.

Hope you've not missed us too much, get back to it folks, enjoy. :)

Last edited:

TonyK

Vodka?
Jul 16, 2006
Northampton
And there was me starting a thank you thread in the general area! :p

As I said down there, thank you to everyone who's put in a lot of hard work getting this place back, I'd offer you a beer but it's wrong to drink and drive :p

Ginner

Sunday morning drivers...
Jan 30, 2003
Nice one lads.

Has m0rk caught up with the scum that did it yet? Photos when he does please.....

Thanks to Briskoda for the temp refuge.

Turbo Tay

Well Done

Well done all, fantastic to have SCN back again. Hats off to you guys for all the hard work you must have put in over the last 4 days or so.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Martyn deserves the most credit for this, he's done a great job. Secretly I think he's really as happy as a pig in muck ;) when he's coding.

But he's put the hours in this week. So hats off to him, and he's still hard at it now.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
think all you guys deserve a bloody good pat on the back . I know only too well its hard enough just moderating a 'running' site, cant imagine what its like when it all goes tits up

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Yay back.

Any plans on having leoncupra.co.uk back up? there is some really good guides on there that should be kept.

In the downtime I actually got a LCR. Pick it up this week :)

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
all in good time. The admins (well, not me!) have been busting balls so hosted sites have a lower prority than the main SCN site.

No there is no rush, I can appreciate all the hard work the admins have put in. I was only worried because Pabs mentioned possibly dropping the site on the Skoda site. Will this be kept hosted?. I have a few urgent mods such as fuse relocation and delocking to do to the new car :)

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
No there is no rush, I can appreciate all the hard work the admins have put in. I was only worried because Pabs mentioned possibly dropping the site on the Skoda site. Will this be kept hosted?. I have a few urgent mods such as fuse relocation and delocking to do to the new car :)

I believe that was more along the lines of domain renewal. The actual site (which I believe has a www.seatcupra.net address - the leon cupra addy just forwards to it) could stay if Pabs was happy with this. Its for Pabs and Admin to discuss, but thats in the future once all has settled down

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Yayyyy

Yay, your back..my life is complete again :), been kinda lost wiithout the banter and info of SCN. TOP JOB GUYS, WELL DONE :thumbup: Its not until something like this happens that you realise how much work, time and effort that you chaps put in, and also hom much fun SCN is to be part of. Tried a couple of other forums in the down time....and all i can say is, WELCOME BACK SCN, they just were not the same......this is the best forum by far ;)

Well done again chaps...up the SCN :)

Oh....AWESOME TURNOUT @ BRANDS ON SUNDAY....GOOD SHOW...got a mention on another forum ;) :lol:

look forward to next season....

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Well done peeps and admin!

Cracking stuff, missed everything whilst it was away and man i bet it was hard work....people can't imagine how hard it is to sort out when this kind of thing happens along with doing stuff in your normal daily lives!

Hats off to EVERYONE involved (and thanks to the skoda forum for letting us stay there temp)

Well done and thanks very much (hopefully all the thanks and posts makes doing it worth while!)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.